|Kansas||B McLemore 16.4||J Withey 8.2||E Johnson 5.2|
|Texas||S McClellan 14.3||J Holmes 7.8||J Felix 6.3|
On Saturday, No. 4 Kansas visits Frank C. Erwin, Jr., Special Events Center to take on Texas. Tip-off is at 2:00 EST and you can see it on CBS. The Jayhawks are 5-1 against the Longhorns over the last four years. They won 73-63 on 3/3/2012 the last time they played.
Kansas is in 1st place in the conference, Texas is in 9th place. Kansas has won its last 14 games.
In their last outing, behind 17 points and 8 rebounds from Ben McLemore, the Jayhawks blew out Baylor 61-44 on January 14th. He leads the team with 16.4 points per game. For the Longhorns, Ioannis Papapetrou finished with 13 points and 7 rebounds in the 82-62 loss to Iowa State on January 12th. He contributes 4.4 rebounds per game in addition to his 6.8 points per game.
Kansas looks to have the advantage in two significant areas. The Jayhawks should have an edge against the Longhorns in field goal percentage, 48% to 40%. Additionally, Kansas has the advantage over Texas in scoring, 76 points per game to 64 points per game.
- Elijah Johnson is ranked 5th in the Big 12 in assists.
- It's only wins and losses, but Kansas has a better overall record than Texas this season (11-1 vs 8-5).
- Kansas has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.863 to 0.678).
- It must sting. Kansas has blown out Texas by 20 points or more on 4 occasions since 1996.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Kansas has had more players drafted by the NBA than Texas (16 vs 13).
- We win when it counts, too. Kansas has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Texas (28 vs 15).
- The only thing that matters. Kansas has more NCAA Championships over the last 10 years than Texas (1 vs 0).
- Ben McLemore is ranked 3rd in the Big 12 in points and 7th in the Big 12 in three-pointers.
- Kansas waxed Texas by 10 points the last time they played (Mar 03, 2012).
- Kansas is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on Kansas is 78.2 inches compared to 77.0 inches for Texas.
|C||A. White III||7||3||1||0||0||0||1|