|Wake Forest||C Harris 15.2||T McKie 7.8||C Miller-McIntyre 2.8|
|Virginia Tech||E Green 24.8||C Raines 6.5||E Green 4.5|
Virginia Tech welcomes Wake Forest to Cassell Coliseum on Saturday. It gets started at 2:00 EST and you can catch it on ACC Network or ESPN3.com. The Hokies are 4-1 against the Demon Deacons over the last four years. They lost 58-55 the last time they played (1/7/2012).
Virginia Tech maintains 8th place in the ACC while Wake Forest is in 5th place.
In a 70-65 triumph over Georgia Tech on January 12th, Erick Green put up 28 points and 5 rebounds for the Hokies. He contributes team-best marks with 24.8 points per game, 4.5 assists per game, and 1.6 steals per game. For the Demon Deacons, Travis McKie finished with 12 points and 11 rebounds in the 60-44 loss to Clemson on January 15th. With 7.8 rebounds per game and 1.7 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Wake Forest will hope to exploit their strength in free throw rate in this matchup. Their mark of 47.0 in this area ranks 1st in the conference and 5th in the country.
Wake Forest StatSmack
- We make our fans proud. Virginia Tech has a better record at home than Wake Forest this season (7-1 vs 5-2).
- Jarell Eddie is ranked 7th in the ACC in points, 9th in the ACC in rebounds, and 3rd in the ACC in three-pointers.
- The Virginia Tech scoring leader (Erick Green) has more points than the Wake Forest scoring leader (Travis McKie).
- The Virginia Tech steals leader (Erick Green) has more steals than the Wake Forest steals leader (Travis McKie).
- At least you keep showing up. Virginia Tech has an average margin of victory of 12 over Wake Forest in 9 wins since 1983.
- It's only wins and losses, but Virginia Tech has a better overall record than Wake Forest this season (9-4 vs 7-5).
- Virginia Tech players are more experienced than Wake Forest players (8,582 minutes played vs 8,234 minutes played).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Virginia Tech currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (976 to 939) than Wake Forest, per the NCAA.
- The Virginia Tech assist leader (Erick Green) has more assists than the Wake Forest assist leader (Codi Miller-McIntyre).
- Even computers respect Virginia Tech more. We have a better RPI this season than Wake Forest (RPI: #149 vs #187).
|D+||A. Adala Moto||15||5||4||0||1||0||1|
|D+||A. Roundtree III||13||3||2||1||1||1||1|
|C-||J. van Zegeren||16||5||3||0||0||1||1|