Kansas vs. Texas: Full Game Preview
|Kansas||B McLemore 16.4||J Withey 8.2||E Johnson 5.2|
|Texas||S McClellan 14.3||J Holmes 7.8||J Felix 6.3|
On Saturday, Texas welcomes No. 4 Kansas at Frank C. Erwin, Jr., Special Events Center. It takes place at 2:00 EST and you can catch it on CBS. The Longhorns are 1-5 against the Jayhawks over the last four years. They fell 73-63 on 3/3/2012, the last time they met.
Texas maintains 9th place in the Big 12 while Kansas is in 1st place.
In their last match-up, Julien Lewis finished with 15 points in the Longhorns 82-62 loss against Iowa State on January 12th. He tallies 11.8 points per game and also adds 3.2 rebounds per game. For the Jayhawks, Ben McLemore finished with 17 points and 8 rebounds in the 61-44 blowout of Baylor on January 14th. His 16.4 points per game is the highest mark on the team.
Analyzing the differences between the teams, Kansas has the edge in two important areas. One concern is field goal percentage, where the Jayhawks hold the advantage over the Longhorns, 48% to 40%. Additionally, Kansas has an edge over Texas in scoring, 76 points per game to 64 points per game. When considering the Four Factors, Kansas performs well in effective field goal percentage at 54.3. This ranks 1st in the conference and 22nd in the country.
- The Texas steals leader (Javan Felix) has more steals than the Kansas steals leader (Travis Releford).
- The Texas assist leader (Javan Felix) has more assists than the Kansas assist leader (Elijah Johnson).
- Texas is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Texas is 214 lbs compared to 205 lbs for Kansas.
- Kansas has to pay up to win. The coach for Texas has a much lower base salary than Kansas ($2,150,000 vs $3,375,656).
- Javan Felix is ranked 15th nationally in assists and 5th in the Big 12 in steals.
- The Texas scoring leader (Sheldon McClellan) has more points than the Kansas scoring leader (Ben McLemore).
- Texas is better at defending the three (23.9% allowed vs 30.9% allowed) than Kansas this season.
- Texas has more Top 5 Director's Cup finishes than Kansas (6 vs 0)
- Sheldon McClellan is ranked 2nd in the Big 12 in points.
- Julien Lewis is ranked 7th in the Big 12 in three-pointers and 10th in the Big 12 in steals.
- At least you keep showing up. Texas has an average margin of victory of 12 over Kansas in 6 wins since 1996.
|C||A. White III||7||3||1||0||0||0||1|