Iowa State vs. TCU: Full Game Preview
|Iowa State||W Clyburn 14.1||M Ejim 9.6||K Lucious 5.6|
|TCU||K Anderson 11.9||A McKinney 6.9||K Anderson 3.5|
Iowa State visits Daniel-Meyer Coliseum on Saturday to take on TCU. Tip-off is at 1:30 EST and it can be seen on Big 12 Network. The Cyclones have not played the Horned Frogs since the 1997-98 season, when they lost 93-54.
Iowa State is 5th in the conference and TCU is 9th. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In their last outing, behind 16 points and 13 rebounds from Melvin Ejim, the Cyclones defeated West Virginia 69-67 on January 16th. On top of a team-high 9.6 rebounds per game, he also scores 11.1 points per game. For the Horned Frogs, Adrick McKinney finished with 18 points and 9 rebounds in the 67-54 loss to Kansas State on January 16th. He is averaging 7.8 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 6.9 per game.
There are three key statistical areas where Iowa State has an advantage. The Cyclones will put a stronger offensive effort on the floor with an edge against the Horned Frogs in assists, 17 per game to 10 per game. Iowa State also has an advantage in scoring, 81 points per game to 55 points per game. Finally, the Cyclones have the upper hand in rebounding as well, 42 per game to 32 per game.
- Diaper Dandies love us. Iowa State has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than TCU (1 vs 0).
- Iowa State is a better three-point shooting team (35.8% vs 32.3%) than TCU this season.
- Iowa State is a better free-throw-shooting team (68.8% vs 59.8%) than TCU this season.
- Tyrus McGee is ranked 6th in the Big 12 in points, 19th nationally in three-pointers, and 6th in the Big 12 in steals.
- Percy Gibson is ranked 9th in the Big 12 in blocks.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Iowa State has a stronger schedule than TCU this season (SOS Rank: #191 vs #312).
- Iowa State has a more potent offense, scoring more points (82.0 per game vs 57.3 per game) than TCU this season.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Iowa State has had more players drafted by the NBA than TCU (5 vs 0).
- Even computers respect Iowa State more. We have a better RPI this season than TCU (RPI: #73 vs #218).
- Iowa State is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Iowa State is 223 lbs compared to 208 lbs for TCU.
- The Iowa State three-point leader (Tyrus McGee) has more three-pointers than the TCU three-point leader (Kyan Anderson).
|D+||N. Butler Lind||29||4||2||2||1||0||2|
|D+||C. Hill Jr.||14||3||2||0||0||0||1|
|D||Clyde Smith III||11||1||1||1||0||0||1|