|St John's||D Harrison 19.8||J Sampson 6.6||P Greene IV 2.9|
|DePaul||C Melvin 17.7||C Melvin 7.6||B Young 4.4|
DePaul hosts St. John's at Allstate Arena on Saturday. Tip-off occurs at 12:00 EST and you can catch it on SNY, Big East Net, MASN. The Blue Demons are 0-6 against the Red Storm over the last four years. They fell 79-72 on 2/20/2012, the last time they met.
DePaul is in 12th place in the Big East and would love to gain ground on St. John's, who sit in 10th place.
In their last game, Cleveland Melvin put up 32 points and 8 rebounds in the Blue Demons 75-70 loss to Cincinnati on January 15th. He leads the team in points with 17.7 per game, rebounds with 7.6 per game, and steals with 1.6 per game. For the Red Storm, Phil Greene IV put up 13 points in the 67-63 win over Notre Dame on January 15th. He averages 9.1 points per game in addition to a team-best 2.9 assists per game. One category in which St. John's is especially proficient is turnover percentage at 16.2, ranking 2nd in their conference (and 14th nationally).
St. John's StatSmack
- The DePaul steals leader (Worrel Clahar) has more steals than the St. John's steals leader (D`Angelo Harrison).
- The DePaul assist leader (Brandon Young) has more assists than the St. John's assist leader (Phil Greene IV).
- DePaul allows fewer rebounds (37.4 allowed per game vs 47.7 allowed per game) than St. John's this season.
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? DePaul currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (984 to 959) than St. John's, per the NCAA.
- The DePaul rebounding leader (Cleveland Melvin) has more rebounds than the St. John's rebounding leader (JaKarr Sampson).
- At least you keep showing up. DePaul has an average margin of victory of 7 over St. John's in 9 wins since 1982.
- Donnavan Kirk is ranked 45th nationally in blocks.
- Worrel Clahar is ranked 8th in the Big East in steals.
- Rosemont isn't as congested as New York (population is significantly lower).
|C+||Phil Greene IV||32||9||3||3||1||0||2|
|D+||D. Robertson Jr.||16||3||3||0||0||1||1|