|Tulsa||R Smith 14.5||J Woodard 5.8||J Woodard 2.1|
|Tulane||J Davis 17.4||J Davis 10.2||R Tarrant 2.6|
On Saturday, Tulsa takes on Tulane. Tip-off is at 2:00 EST and you can catch it on COX Sports. The Golden Hurricane are 5-1 against the Green Wave over the last four years. The last time they met (2/25/2012) they won 73-69.
Tulsa is in 3rd place in the conference, Tulane is in 10th place.
In a 45-42 triumph over Texas-El Paso on January 16th, Kauri Black put up 11 points and 5 rebounds for the Golden Hurricane. He is putting up 6.9 points per game while also averaging 5.2 rebounds per game. For the Green Wave, Ricky Tarrant finished with 24 points in the 59-53 loss to Southern Methodist on January 12th. With 2.6 assists per game and 1.5 steals per game, he has team-best marks in both categories. Tulane can be found near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: defensive rebounding percentage at 73.9 and free throw rate at 45.0.
- You get an A for effort, but Tulsa has emerged victorious against Tulane the last 5 times they've played.
- Even computers respect Tulsa more. We have a better RPI this season than Tulane (RPI: #132 vs #145).
- Scottie Haralson is ranked 3rd in C-USA in three-pointers.
- Tulsa beat Tulane by 4 points the last time they played (Feb 25, 2012).
- Shaquille Harrison is ranked 1st in C-USA in steals.
- AP voters think more highly of Tulsa and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Tulane (7 vs 0).
- We just win. Tulsa has more wins over the last 5 years than Tulane (117 vs 78).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Tulsa has had more players drafted by the NBA than Tulane (1 vs 0).
- The Tulsa steals leader (Shaquille Harrison) has more steals than the Tulane steals leader (Ricky Tarrant).
- People just expect us to beat you. Tulsa has been the favorite 9 out of the last 10 times.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Tulsa has a stronger schedule than Tulane this season (SOS Rank: #128 vs #338).
|C||P. Swilling Jr.||25||10||2||2||0||0||2|