Oregon vs. UCLA: Full Game Preview
|Oregon||D Dotson 12.0||A Kazemi 9.5||D Artis 3.7|
|UCLA||S Muhammad 18.4||K Anderson 8.9||L Drew II 8.1|
On Saturday, No. 24 UCLA plays host to No. 21 Oregon at Pauley Pavilion. It takes place at 4:00 EST and you can catch it on CBS. The Bruins are 4-4 against the Ducks over the last four years. They lost 75-68 the last time they played (1/21/2012).
This game will separate Oregon and UCLA, who currently share 1st place in the Pac 12. UCLA has won 10 straight.
The Bruins got past Oregon State 74-64 on January 17th with the help of 21 points and 6 rebounds from Shabazz Muhammad. He leads the team with 18.4 points per game. For the Ducks, E.J. Singler finished with 14 points and 6 rebounds in the 76-74 win over USC on January 17th. He contributes 5.2 rebounds per game in addition to his 10.5 points per game. The Four Factors in which Oregon stands out are offensive rebounding percentage at 38.8 and defensive rebounding percentage at 73.1.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. UCLA has come back to win after being down at half against Oregon 6 times since 1996.
- At least you keep showing up. UCLA has an average margin of victory of 12 over Oregon in 46 wins since 1980.
- UCLA has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (22% vs 80%).
- UCLA is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on UCLA is 78.9 inches compared to 76.9 inches for Oregon.
- UCLA has more Final Four appearances over the last 10 years than Oregon (3 vs 0).
- UCLA has a much better Kiplinger Out-of-State Ranking than Oregon (#12 vs #98).
- We win when it counts, too. UCLA has more NCAA Tournament wins over the last 10 years than Oregon (15 vs 3).
- Travis Wear is ranked 9th in the Pac 12 in blocks.
- UCLA has a much better Kiplinger In-State Ranking than Oregon (#13 vs #89).
- UCLA has more Top 5 Director's Cup finishes than Oregon (16 vs 0)
- AP voters think more highly of UCLA and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Oregon (84 vs 36).
|B||Larry Drew II||35||6||3||8||1||0||2|