|Arkansas||B Young 17.4||M Powell 5.8||B Young 4.1|
|Mississippi||M Henderson 19.1||M Holloway 10.6||J Summers 3.4|
Arkansas visits Tad Smith Coliseum on Saturday to take on Ole Miss. Tip-off occurs at 1:30 EST and you can catch it on SEC Network. The Razorbacks are 1-7 against the Rebels over the last four years. They fell 77-75 on 2/28/2012, the last time they met.
A win here would help close the gap with Ole Miss in the SEC, who are in 1st place and just above Arkansas in 3rd place.
In an 88-80 triumph over Auburn on January 16th, Marshawn Powell put up 28 points and 11 rebounds for the Razorbacks. He is averaging 15.2 points per game and leads the team in rebounds with 5.8 per game. For the Rebels, Reginald Buckner put up 14 points and 11 rebounds in the 89-79 win over Vanderbilt on January 15th. He averages 10.4 points per game in addition to a team-best 2.8 blocks per game. When considering the Four Factors, Ole Miss performs well in turnover percentage at 16.1. This ranks 2nd in the conference and 10th in the country.
Ole Miss StatSmack
- Mardracus Wade is ranked 9th in the SEC in steals.
- Hunter Mickelson is ranked 6th in the SEC in blocks.
- The Arkansas assist leader (B.J. Young) has more assists than the Ole Miss assist leader (Jarvis Summers).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Arkansas has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Ole Miss (11 vs 0).
- Arkansas has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (0.645 to 0.526).
- Arkansas takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Ole Miss (3 vs 0).
- B.J. Young is ranked 6th in the SEC in points and 5th in the SEC in assists.
- Marshawn Powell is ranked 7th in the SEC in points.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Arkansas has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Ole Miss (7 vs 1).
- At least you keep showing up. Arkansas has an average margin of victory of 13 over Ole Miss in 22 wins since 1986.
- Arkansas has more Top 50 Director's Cup finishes than Ole Miss (18 vs 2)