|Arizona||M Lyons 14.6||K Tarczewski 5.9||M Lyons 3.3|
|Arizona State||J Carson 17.1||C Felix 8.1||J Carson 5.0|
No. 7 Arizona visits Wells Fargo Arena on Saturday to take on Arizona State. The game gets underway at 2:30 EST and you can catch it on FSN. The Wildcats are 4-5 against the Sun Devils over the last four years. They fell 87-80 on 3/4/2012, the last time they met.
Arizona is tied with Arizona State for the 4th spot in the conference.
The 16 points and 6 rebounds by Solomon Hill helped the Wildcats to an 80-70 victory over Oregon State on January 12th. He tallies 13.6 points per game and also adds 5.4 rebounds per game. For the Sun Devils, Jahii Carson finished with 20 points and 7 rebounds in the 68-65 loss to Oregon on January 13th. He leads the team in points with 17.1 per game and assists with 5.0 per game. Arizona State will hope to exploit their strengths, which include: effective field goal percentage at 52.5 and turnover percentage at 18.2.
Arizona State StatSmack
- Arizona has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (0.738 to 0.511).
- Be afraid. Arizona has blown out more teams than Arizona State this season (6 blowouts vs 2).
- Nick Johnson is ranked 39th nationally in steals.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Arizona has recruited more Top 50 high school players than Arizona State (23 vs 3).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? Arizona currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (975 to 921) than Arizona State, per the NCAA.
- Mark Lyons is ranked 7th in the Pac 12 in three-pointers.
- The Arizona steals leader (Nick Johnson) has more steals than the Arizona State steals leader (Carrick Felix).
- Arizona is a better three-point shooting team (39.1% vs 34.7%) than Arizona State this season.
- Arizona is a better free-throw-shooting team (75.8% vs 63.1%) than Arizona State this season.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Arizona has come back to win after being down at half against Arizona State 5 times since 1996.
- Arizona players are more experienced than Arizona State players (12,095 minutes played vs 9,967 minutes played).