|Fairfield||D Needham 13.4||A Sidibe 4.9||D Wade 4.1|
|Iona||L Jones 22.0||D Laury 8.8||L Jones 4.3|
Iona plays host to Fairfield at Hynes Athletic Center on Friday. It gets started at 9:00 EST and it can be seen on ESPN U. The Gaels are 5-4 against the Stags over the last four years. They lost 85-75 the last time they played (3/4/2012).
Iona is 2nd in the conference and Fairfield is 7th. Both teams continue to jockey for position. Iona has won five games straight.
The 32 points and 5 rebounds by Sean Armand helped the Gaels to a 97-87 victory over Canisius on January 13th. He contributes 5.8 rebounds per game in addition to his 18.9 points per game. For the Stags, Maurice Barrow finished with 10 points and 9 rebounds in the 67-64 loss to Niagara on January 13th. He contributes 3.3 rebounds per game in addition to his 8.4 points per game.
Iona has a statistical advantage over Fairfield in one significant area, scoring, where the Gaels have an edge over the Stags, 82 points per game to 62 points per game.
- Iona can actually jump, with more rebounds (36.0 per game vs 31.3 per game) than Fairfield this season.
- Lamont Jones is ranked 6th nationally in points and 4th in the MAAC in assists.
- Taaj Ridley is ranked 9th in the MAAC in rebounds.
- It must sting. Iona has blown out Fairfield by 20 points or more on 5 occasions since 1997.
- Iona is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Iona is 200 lbs compared to 189 lbs for Fairfield.
- At least you keep showing up. Iona has an average margin of victory of 10 over Fairfield in 41 wins since 1980.
- Iona is a better free-throw-shooting team (79.8% vs 68.5%) than Fairfield this season.
- Sean Armand is ranked 22nd nationally in points, 5th in the MAAC in rebounds, 4th nationally in three-pointers, and 8th in the MAAC in assists.
- Diaper Dandies love us. Iona has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Fairfield (2 vs 0).
- Iona has a better overall winning percentage over the last 30 years (0.554 to 0.475).