(15) San Diego State 75
(14-3, 9-2 home)
Venue: Viejas Arena at Aztec Bowl
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, January 16, 2013
|San Diego State
||A Bennett 19
||A Bennett 8
||A Marshall 5
|San Diego State
||J Franklin 18
||J Franklin 10
||J Franklin 3
No. 15 San Diego State faced off with UNLV on Wednesday, January 16th and was upset by the Rebels 82-75 in conference play. The Aztecs were led by Winston Shepard, who got a season-high 18 points and five rebounds. Jamaal Franklin picked up his third straight game with 20 points or more, scoring a game-high 27 points in 34 minutes. Jamaal Franklin had a game-high 27 points and added seven rebounds. For the Rebels, Anthony Marshall got a season-high 20 points and eight rebounds. San Diego State (14-3, 2-1 MWC) takes on Wyoming (14-2, 1-2 MWC) on Saturday, January 19th on the road.
San Diego State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:05 left to go.
- SDSU set a season low for turnovers.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--SDSU has a 17.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Winston Shepard recorded a team season high in free throws made with 10.
- Jamaal Franklin tallied a team season high in field goals attempted with 21.
- Jamaal Franklin accounted for 36.0% of the team's points.
- Jamaal Franklin has led the team in scoring 12 times and in rebounding 13 times in 17 games this season.
- This marks the 15th 20-point game of Jamaal Franklin's career.
- Jamaal Franklin has 3 straight 20+ point games.
UNLV Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Anthony Marshall and Bryce Dejean-Jones) accounted for 41.4% of the points.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Anthony Marshall's career.