Loyola Marymount 70
(8-10, 3-7 away)
San Diego 78
(11-8, 8-2 home)
Venue: Jenny Craig Pavilion
10:00PM ET / 7:00PM PT, January 16, 2013
||A Ireland 20
||A Hamilton 6
||C Flint 4
||J Dee 15
||C Manresa 7
||C Anderson 5
On Wednesday, January 16th, Loyola Marymount dropped one to San Diego 78-70 in conference play. Anthony Ireland put up a game-high 19 points plus three assists in the loss. Ashley Hamilton had 15 points and added eight rebounds. Christopher Anderson finished with 14 points and six assists for the Toreros. Loyola Marymount (7-10, 1-4 West Coast) takes on San Francisco (7-10, 0-4 West Coast) on Saturday, January 19th on the road.
Loyola Marymount Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:39 left to go.
- Loyola Marymount started 8-10 during the 2010, 2006, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- Loyola Marymount has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 22 or fewer field goals made.
- The Lions have lost 80% of the time this season (2-8) after having a field goal percentage of 41.5% or worse.
- When the opposition records 18 or more free throws made this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 42.1% or better this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 78% of the time (2-7).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.6% or better this season, Loyola Marymount has lost 75% of the time (2-6).
- LMU set a season low for assists.
- The Lions have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- Loyola Marymount has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Ireland and Ashley Hamilton) accounted for 48.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ashley Hamilton and Godwin Okonji) accounted for 45.4% of the rebounds.
- Anthony Ireland has led the team in scoring in 14 out of 18 games this season.
- Ashley Hamilton has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 18 games this season.
- Anthony Ireland has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Ashley Hamilton has 7 straight double-digit point games.
San Diego Game Notes
- Johnny Dee has led the team in scoring 12 times in 19 games this season.
- Johnny Dee has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Chris Manresa.