San Diego defeated Loyola Marymount 78-70 in West Coast action on Wednesday, January 16th. Christopher Anderson played brilliantly for the Toreros and got 14 points plus six assists. Simi Fajemisin had five points and added six rebounds. Anthony Ireland got a game-high 19 points and three assists for the Lions. Next up for San Diego (11-8, 4-0 West Coast) is Brigham Young (14-4, 4-0 West Coast) on Saturday, January 19th on the road.
San Diego Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:39 left to go.
- San Diego started 11-8 during the 2001 and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Loyola Marymount extended the San Diego winning streak to 5 games.
- SD beat the spread by 1.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Toreros have beaten the spread.
- The Toreros have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 18 or more free throws made.
- SD has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after holding an opponent to under 41.5% field goal percentage.
- This season San Diego has won 100% of the time (6-0) when Johnny Dee has 4 free throws made or more.
- The Toreros have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--SD has a 11.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Johnny Dee has led the team in scoring in 12 out of 19 games this season.
- Johnny Dee has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Chris Manresa.
Loyola Marymount Game Notes
- Loyola Marymount lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Ireland and Ashley Hamilton) accounted for 48.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Ashley Hamilton and Godwin Okonji) accounted for 45.4% of the rebounds.
- Anthony Ireland has led the team in scoring 14 times in 18 games this season.
- Ashley Hamilton has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 18 games this season.
- Anthony Ireland has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Ashley Hamilton has 7 straight double-digit point games.