Washington State 75
(10-7, 10-2 home)
Venue: Beasley Coliseum
9:30PM ET / 6:30PM PT, January 16, 2013
||J DuBois 13
||J Loveridge 7
||J DuBois 3
||B Motum 19
||B Motum 6
||R Woolridge 2
Washington State defeated Utah 75-65 in conference play on Wednesday, January 16th. The Cougars were led by Mike Ladd, who put up a season-high 22 points, with 15 coming from three-point range. Royce Woolridge also had a strong outing, scoring 14 points. Jordan Loveridge finished with eight points and seven rebounds for the Utes. Next up for Washington State (10-6, 1-3 Pac 12) is Colorado (11-5, 1-3 Pac 12) on Saturday, January 19th at home.
Washington State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:13 left to go.
- The last time WSU started the season 10-7 was 1996.
- WSU beat the spread by 2.0 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Cougars have beaten the spread.
- The Cougars have won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after recording 16 or more free throws made.
- WSU has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record 29 or fewer rebounds.
- This season Washington State has won 75% of the time (6-2) when DaVonte Lacy has 10 points or more, 90% of the time (9-1) when D.J. Shelton has 5 rebounds or more, and 100% of the time (4-0) when Royce Woolridge has 5 assists or more.
- The Cougars set season highs for three-pointers and three-point percentage.
- The last time WSU recorded at least 11 three-pointers was Jan 13, 2011 against California.
- Washington State has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--WSU has a 11.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Mike Ladd and Brock Motum) accounted for 48.0% of the points.
- Brock Motum accounted for 30.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Mike Ladd has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 17 games this season.
- Brock Motum has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 17 games this season.
- Brock Motum has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- Royce Woolridge has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Mike Ladd's career.
- Mike Ladd has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Mike Ladd had career highs with 22 points and 5 three-pointers.
Utah Game Notes
- Utah lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Utes losing streak to 5 games.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Loveridge and Jason Washburn) accounted for 44.8% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (14) than the starters (13).
- The bench recorded more points (35) than the starters (30).
- Jordan Loveridge has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 17 games this season.
- Cedric Martin set a career high with 4 steals.
- Jason Washburn has 8 straight double-digit point games.