Washington State 75
(10-7, 10-2 home)
Venue: Beasley Coliseum
9:30PM ET / 6:30PM PT, January 16, 2013
||J DuBois 13
||J Loveridge 7
||J DuBois 3
||B Motum 19
||B Motum 6
||R Woolridge 2
Utah was tripped up by Washington State 75-65 in conference play on Wednesday, January 16th. The Utes got eight points and seven rebounds from Jordan Loveridge. Justin Seymour also had a solid outing, scoring 11 points and adding five rebounds. Mike Ladd got a season-high 22 points for the Cougars, making 5 of 8 from three-point range. This makes three losses in a row for the Utes. Utah (6-9, 0-5 Pac 12) gets Washington (11-5, 3-0 Pac 12) on the road on Saturday, January 19th.
Utah Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:13 left to go.
- The last time Utah started the season 8-9 was 2005.
- Utah has lost 100% of the time this season (0-6) after recording 11 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records 75 or more total points this season, Utah has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 50.0% or better this season, Utah has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 16 or more free throws made this season, Utah has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- The Utes set a season high for steals.
- Utah set a season low for blocks.
- Utah has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Loveridge and Jason Washburn) accounted for 44.8% of the rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (14) than the starters (13).
- The bench recorded more points (35) than the starters (30).
- Jordan Loveridge has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 17 games this season.
- Cedric Martin had a career high with 4 steals.
- Jason Washburn has 8 straight double-digit point games.
Washington State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Mike Ladd and Brock Motum) accounted for 48.0% of the points.
- Brock Motum accounted for 30.7% of the team's rebounds.
- Mike Ladd has led the team in scoring 3 times in 17 games this season.
- Brock Motum has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 17 games this season.
- Brock Motum has 17 straight double-digit point games.
- Royce Woolridge has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 3rd 20-point game of Mike Ladd's career.
- Mike Ladd has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Mike Ladd set career highs with 22 points and 5 three-pointers.