On Wednesday, January 16th, Boise State lost in front of the home crowd against No. 19 New Mexico 79-74 in overtime. The Broncos now have a record of 1-2 versus AP-Ranked teams this season. Derrick Marks put up a game-high 27 points and six rebounds in the Broncos loss. Ryan Watkins played his way to a double-double with 12 points and 10 rebounds. For the Lobos, Tony Snell got a team-high 22 points and three rebounds. Boise State (13-3, 1-1 MWC) travels to Air Force (8-6, 1-2 MWC) on Saturday, January 19th.
Boise State Game Notes
- Boise State has played in 1 overtime game this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Broncos have played in 12 overtime games with a record of 8-4.
- The Broncos have been unlucky 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Boise State has lost 27 close games.
- Prior to this game, BSU played 14 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 3-11.
- The Broncos have outshot their opponents in three-point percentage for the past 8 games.
- Boise State has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--BSU has a 23.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Derrick Marks recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 20.
- Derrick Marks accounted for 36.4% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Ryan Watkins and Derrick Marks) accounted for 42.1% of the rebounds.
- Derrick Marks has led the team in scoring in 7 out of 16 games this season.
- Ryan Watkins has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 16 games this season.
- Anthony Drmic has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 7th 20-point game of Derrick Marks's career.
- Derrick Marks had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
- Jeff Elorriaga has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Ryan Watkins recorded the 5th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Ryan Watkins.
- Ryan Watkins recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 4th of his career.
New Mexico Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Tony Snell and Hugh Greenwood) accounted for 46.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Alex Kirk and Hugh Greenwood) accounted for 42.4% of the rebounds.
- Tony Snell has led the team in scoring 3 times in 18 games this season.
- Alex Kirk has led the team in rebounding 12 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 6th 20-point game of Tony Snell's career.
- Tony Snell has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Alex Kirk has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Alex Kirk.