On Wednesday, January 16th, Fresno State held Wyoming to just 24% from the floor and knocked off the Cowboys 49-36 in MWC action. The Bulldogs got the win with a game-high 18 points and six rebounds from Tyler Johnson. Jerry Brown Jr had six points and added five rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast 3 Blk). For the Cowboys, Larry Nance Jr finished with a team-high 10 points and nine rebounds. Fresno State (6-9, 1-2 MWC) takes on Nevada (9-7, 0-2 MWC) on Saturday, January 19th at home.
Fresno State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:03 left to go.
- Fresno State started 7-9 during the 2011, 2010, and 2008 seasons (since 1996).
- Fresno State beat the spread by 17.0 points. That makes the 8th time this season the Bulldogs have beaten the spread.
- The Bulldogs have won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after recording 10 or more assists.
- Fresno State has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when opponents record 29 or fewer rebounds.
- Fresno State set season lows for three-pointers and three-point percentage.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--Fresno State has a 6.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Tyler Johnson accounted for 36.7% of the team's points.
- Tyler Johnson has led the team in scoring 3 times and in rebounding 3 times in 16 games this season.
Wyoming Game Notes
- Wyoming lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Larry Nance Jr and Riley Grabau) accounted for 55.5% of the points.
- Leonard Washington accounted for 34.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Leonard Washington has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 16 games this season.
- Riley Grabau has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Leonard Washington recorded the 16th double-digit rebound game of his career.