|South Dakota||J Myles 15.8||T Gruis 5.8||J Myles 3.1|
|IPFW||F Gaines 18.8||M Hines 5.8||I McCray 2.5|
South Dakota visits Allen County War Memorial Coliseum on Thursday to take on IPFW. It takes place at 7:00 EST. The Coyotes are 1-1 against the Mastodons over the last four years. The last time they met (2/23/2012) they won 93-84.
South Dakota maintains 4th place in the Summit League while IPFW is in 7th place.
In their last outing, despite 24 points from Juevol Myles, the Coyotes fell to Missouri-Kansas City 90-86 on January 12th. The do-it-all performer chips in a team-leading 15.8 points per game, 3.1 assists per game, and 1.6 steals per game. The Mastodons were defeated by South Dakota State 83-57 on January 12th despite 15 points and 6 rebounds from Joe Reed. He is averaging 3.9 points and 3.9 rebounds per game. The Four Factors in which IPFW stands out are defensive rebounding percentage at 75.7 and free throw rate at 41.5.
- The South Dakota assist leader (Juevol Myles) has more assists than the IPFW assist leader (Pierre Bland).
- South Dakota is a better free-throw-shooting team (78.3% vs 62.6%) than IPFW this season.
- Juevol Myles is ranked 5th in the Summit League in points, 9th in the Summit League in three-pointers, 7th in the Summit League in assists, and 3rd in the Summit League in steals.
- Tyler Flack is ranked 39th nationally in blocks.
- Vermillion isn't as congested as Fort Wayne (population is significantly lower).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? South Dakota currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (974 to 926) than IPFW, per the NCAA.
- Trevor Gruis is ranked 8th in the Summit League in rebounds and 9th in the Summit League in blocks.
- The South Dakota rebounding leader (Trevor Gruis) has more rebounds than the IPFW rebounding leader (Mario Hines).
- Karim Rowson is ranked 10th in the Summit League in steals.