On Wednesday, January 16th, Alabama smoked Mississippi State 75-43 in conference play. The Crimson Tide got the win with a season-high 18 points and eight rebounds from Levi Randolph. Nick Jacobs played his way to a double-double with a career-high 16 points and 11 rebounds. For the Bulldogs, Gavin Ware got four points and five rebounds. Alabama (10-6, 2-1 SEC) gets Texas A&M (11-3, 2-0 SEC) at home on Saturday, January 19th.
Alabama Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 10:19 left to go.
- Alabama started 10-6 during the 2010, 2005, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- Alabama beat the spread by 29.5 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Crimson Tide have beaten the spread.
- This was the 5th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, Alabama has been on the winning end of 28 blowout games.
- The Crimson Tide have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 8 or more three-pointers.
- Alabama has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after holding an opponent to under 35.6% field goal percentage.
- Alabama has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) when opponents record 5 or fewer three-pointers.
- This season Alabama has won 80% of the time (4-1) when Rodney Cooper has 17 points or more and 100% of the time (4-0) when Trevor Lacey has 3 three-pointers or more.
- The Crimson Tide set season highs for field goals made and three-point percentage.
- The last time Alabama recorded at least 31 field goals made was Jan 08, 2011 against Mississippi State.
- Nick Jacobs recorded a team season high in rebounds with 11.
- The top two scorers (Levi Randolph and Rodney Cooper) accounted for 46.6% of the points.
- Nick Jacobs accounted for 31.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Nick Jacobs has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 16 games this season.
- Levi Randolph had career highs with 18 points, 7 field goals made, a 100% three-point percentage, and 7 defensive rebounds.
- Nick Jacobs recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Nick Jacobs recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 2nd of his career.
- Nick Jacobs had career highs with 16 points, 8 field goals made, and 11 rebounds.
- Rodney Cooper had a career high with 3 three-pointers.
Mississippi State Game Notes
- Mississippi State lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 3rd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, MState has been on the losing end of 9 blowout games.
- The top two scorers (Fred Thomas and Craig Sword) accounted for 44.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Gavin Ware and Fred Thomas) accounted for 43.4% of the rebounds.
- Fred Thomas has led the team in scoring 4 times in 15 games this season.
- Gavin Ware has led the team in rebounding 10 times in 15 games this season.