(10-6, 3-3 away)
Mississippi State 43
(7-8, 6-3 home)
Venue: Humphrey Coliseum
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 16, 2013
||T Releford 16
||R Cooper 4
||T Lacey 3
||R Johnson 11
||G Ware 7
||T Bloodman 2
Mississippi State lost in a blowout to Alabama 75-43 in conference play on Wednesday, January 16th. The Bulldogs got four points and five rebounds from Gavin Ware. Fred Thomas scored 10 points and added five rebounds. For the Crimson Tide, Levi Randolph finished with a season-high 18 points and eight rebounds. Mississippi State (7-8, 2-1 SEC) takes on Tennessee (8-7, 0-3 SEC) on Saturday, January 19th on the road.
Mississippi State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 10:19 left to go.
- The last time MState started the season 7-8 was 1996.
- The Bulldogs have lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after having a field goal percentage of 35.6% or worse.
- Mississippi State has lost 86% of the time this season (1-6) after recording 7 or fewer steals.
- When the opposition records 75 or more total points this season, Mississippi State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 31 or more field goals made this season, Mississippi State has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 12 or more assists this season, Mississippi State has lost 100% of the time (0-7).
- MState set season lows for assists, field goals made, free throws made, rebounds, and total points.
- This is the 7th game at home this season--MState has a 9.7 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Fred Thomas and Craig Sword) accounted for 44.1% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Gavin Ware and Fred Thomas) accounted for 43.4% of the rebounds.
- Fred Thomas has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 15 games this season.
- Gavin Ware has led the team in rebounding in 10 out of 15 games this season.
Alabama Game Notes
- Nick Jacobs recorded a team season high in rebounds with 11.
- The top two scorers (Levi Randolph and Rodney Cooper) accounted for 46.6% of the points.
- Nick Jacobs accounted for 31.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Nick Jacobs has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 16 games this season.
- Levi Randolph set career highs with 18 points, 7 field goals made, a 100% three-point percentage, and 7 defensive rebounds.
- Nick Jacobs recorded the 2nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Nick Jacobs recorded a double-double. It was his 1st this season and 2nd of his career.
- Nick Jacobs set career highs with 16 points, 8 field goals made, and 11 rebounds.
- Rodney Cooper set a career high with 3 three-pointers.