West Virginia 67
(8-8, 2-6 away)
Iowa State 69
(12-4, 11-0 home)
Venue: James H. Hilton Coliseum
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 16, 2013
||J Staten 10
||A Murray 7
||J Staten 3
||W Clyburn 14
||M Ejim 9
||K Lucious 5
Iowa State held on to beat West Virginia 69-67 in conference action on Wednesday, January 16th. Melvin Ejim earned a double-double in the win including a team-high 16 points and 13 rebounds. Korie Lucious also had a strong outing, scoring 15 points. For the Mountaineers, Jabarie Hinds got a career-high 20 points and five rebounds. Next up for Iowa State (12-4, 2-1 Big 12) is TCU (9-8, 0-4 Big 12) on Saturday, January 19th on the road.
Iowa State Game Notes
- Iowa State started 12-4 during the 2011 and 2003 seasons (since 1996).
- The Cyclones have won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after recording 18 or more assists.
- Iowa State has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) after committing 13 or fewer turnovers.
- ISU has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) after holding an opponent to under 41.0% field goal percentage.
- ISU has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record 13 or fewer assists.
- This season Iowa State has won 83% of the time (10-2) when Will Clyburn has 11 points or more, 75% of the time (6-2) when Melvin Ejim has 5 field goals made or more, and 100% of the time (6-0) when Korie Lucious has 8 assists or more.
- ISU set season lows for field goals made, steals, and total points.
- Iowa State has turned the ball over less than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--ISU has a 22.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Melvin Ejim and Korie Lucious) accounted for 44.9% of the points.
- Melvin Ejim accounted for 37.1% of the team's rebounds.
- Melvin Ejim has led the team in scoring 3 times and in rebounding 11 times in 16 games this season.
- Korie Lucious has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Melvin Ejim recorded the 22nd double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Melvin Ejim has grabbed double-digit rebounds in 3 straight games.
- This was the 3rd foul out of the season for Melvin Ejim.
- Melvin Ejim recorded a double-double. It was his 7th this season and 14th of his career.
- Melvin Ejim had career highs with 3 three-pointers and 6 offensive rebounds.
- Will Clyburn has 4 straight double-digit point games.
West Virginia Game Notes
- The Mountaineers have lost 4 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, West Virginia has lost 27 close games.
- Jabarie Hinds recorded a team season high in field goals attempted with 22.
- The top two scorers (Jabarie Hinds and Eron Harris) accounted for 55.2% of the points.
- Kevin Noreen has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 16 games this season.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Jabarie Hinds's career.
- Jabarie Hinds has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Jabarie Hinds set career highs with 20 points and 8 field goals made.
- Kevin Noreen recorded the 3rd double-digit rebound game of his career.