|Saint Joseph's||C Jones 14.8||R Roberts Jr. 8.4||C Wilson 3.6|
|VCU||T Graham 15.5||J Reddic 7.4||D Theus 4.4|
On Thursday, No. 22 Virginia Commonwealth plays host to St. Joseph's (PA) at Stuart Siegel Center. Tip-off is at 9:00 EST and it can be seen on CBSSN. The Rams have not played the Hawks since the 1982-83 season, when they won 75-64.
The Rams got past St. Bonaventure 72-65 on January 12th with the help of 17 points and 9 rebounds from Treveon Graham. At 15.5, he paces the team in points per game. For the Hawks, Ronald Roberts Jr. finished with 13 points and 11 rebounds in the 74-66 win over Duquesne on January 12th. He averages 10.8 points per game in addition to a team-best 8.4 rebounds per game.
Digging into season numbers, Virginia Commonwealth has the advantage in one key category, scoring, where the Rams have an edge over the Hawks, 77 points per game to 68 points per game.
St. Joseph's (PA) StatSmack
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Virginia Commonwealth has a stronger schedule than St. Joseph's this season (SOS Rank: #68 vs #77).
- Virginia Commonwealth is a better three-point shooting team (38.3% vs 33.5%) than St. Joseph's this season.
- Be afraid. Virginia Commonwealth has blown out more teams than St. Joseph's this season (6 blowouts vs 1).
- It's only wins and losses, but Virginia Commonwealth has a better overall record than St. Joseph's this season (11-3 vs 7-4).
- The Virginia Commonwealth rebounding leader (Juvonte Reddic) has more rebounds than the St. Joseph's rebounding leader (Ronald Roberts Jr.).
- The Virginia Commonwealth steals leader (Briante Weber) has more steals than the St. Joseph's steals leader (Langston Galloway).
- Diaper Dandies love us. Virginia Commonwealth has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than St. Joseph's (2 vs 1).
- We just win. Virginia Commonwealth has more wins over the last 5 years than St. Joseph's (143 vs 87).
- Virginia Commonwealth takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than St. Joseph's (5 vs 3).
- We make basketball players. Over the past 5 years, Virginia Commonwealth has had more players drafted by the NBA than St. Joseph's (2 vs 1).
|B||R. Roberts Jr.||32||11||8||1||1||1||2|