On Wednesday, January 16th, Nebraska took on Purdue and lost on their home court to the Boilermakers 65-56 in conference play. The Cornhuskers got a good performance from Shavon Shields, who got a season-high 18 points and eight rebounds. Dylan Talley also had a good game, scoring six points and adding eight rebounds (4 Stl 3 Ast). For the Boilermakers, A.J. Hammons finished with 14 points and eight rebounds (6 Blk 3 Ast). This makes three losses in a row for the Cornhuskers. Nebraska (9-9, 0-5 Big Ten) gets Penn State (8-9, 0-5 Big Ten) on the road on Saturday, January 19th.
Nebraska Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:37 left to go.
- Nebraska started 9-9 during the 2002, 2001, 2000, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- The Cornhuskers have lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after having a field goal percentage of 33.3% or worse.
- Nebraska has lost 89% of the time this season (1-8) after recording 56 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition records 25 or more field goals made this season, Nebraska has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 15 or more assists this season, Nebraska has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 44.6% or better this season, Nebraska has lost 88% of the time (1-7).
- Nebraska set a season low for turnovers.
- Nebraska has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Nebraska has a 0.4 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Shavon Shields accounted for 32.1% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Shavon Shields and Dylan Talley) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Shavon Shields has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 18 games this season.
- Dylan Talley had a career high with 4 steals.
Purdue Game Notes
- A.J. Hammons recorded a team season high in blocks with 6.
- The top two scorers (Terone Johnson and A.J. Hammons) accounted for 49.2% of the points.
- Terone Johnson has led the team in scoring 8 times in 17 games this season.
- A.J. Hammons has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 17 games this season.
- Ronnie Johnson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- A.J. Hammons has 4 straight double-digit point games.