(9-8, 2-3 away)
(9-9, 8-4 home)
Venue: Bob Devaney Sports Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 16, 2013
||T Johnson 13
||A Hammons 6
||R Johnson 3
||D Talley 13
||B Ubel 6
||D Talley 2
Purdue won on the road versus Nebraska 65-56 in Big Ten play on Wednesday, January 16th. A.J. Hammons played brilliantly for the Boilermakers and put up 14 points and eight rebounds (6 Blk 3 Ast). D.J. Byrd had 12 points and added five rebounds. Shavon Shields got a season-high 18 points and eight rebounds for the Cornhuskers. Next up for Purdue (9-8, 3-2 Big Ten) is West Virginia (8-7, 1-2 Big 12) on Saturday, January 19th on their home court.
Purdue Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:37 left to go.
- Purdue started 9-8 during the 2001 and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- Purdue beat the spread by 6.5 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Boilermakers have beaten the spread.
- The Boilermakers have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 6 or more three-pointers.
- Purdue has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when its field goal percentage has been 44.6% or better.
- Purdue has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record 56 or fewer total points.
- Purdue has won 80% of the time this season (4-1) after holding an opponent to under 33.3% field goal percentage.
- The Boilermakers set a season high for blocks.
- The last time Purdue recorded at least 8 blocks was Feb 04, 2012 against Indiana.
- Purdue set a season low for steals.
- A.J. Hammons recorded a team season high in blocks with 6.
- The top two scorers (Terone Johnson and A.J. Hammons) accounted for 49.2% of the points.
- Terone Johnson has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 17 games this season.
- A.J. Hammons has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 17 games this season.
- Ronnie Johnson has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- A.J. Hammons has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Nebraska Game Notes
- Nebraska lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Cornhuskers losing streak to 5 games.
- Shavon Shields accounted for 32.1% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Shavon Shields and Dylan Talley) accounted for 44.4% of the rebounds.
- Shavon Shields has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 18 games this season.
- Dylan Talley set a career high with 4 steals.