Air Force 40
(9-6, 2-5 away)
Colorado State 79
(14-3, 11-0 home)
Venue: Moby Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 16, 2013
||M Lyons 17
||M Lyons 4
||T Fletcher 4
||C Iverson 14
||P Hornung 10
||D Green 4
Air Force lost big against Colorado State 79-40 in conference play on a night when they were outrebounded 40-19 by the Rams. By halftime, Air Force was already out of it, with the score 34-19. The team struggled in the second half as well and Colorado State maintained the big win. The Falcons were led by Marek Olesinski, who put up six points and two rebounds. Tre` Coggins had two points and added three rebounds. For the Rams, Pierce Hornung finished with 12 points and nine rebounds. Air Force (8-6, 1-2 MWC) takes on Boise State (13-2, 1-0 MWC) on Saturday, January 19th at home.
Air Force Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 11:37 left to go.
- Air Force started 9-6 during the 2008, 2007, and 2002 seasons (since 1996).
- When the opposition records 79 or more total points this season, Air Force has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition records 28 or more field goals made this season, Air Force has lost 100% of the time (0-5).
- When the opposition records 17 or more free throws made this season, Air Force has lost 100% of the time (0-4).
- The Falcons set a season high for turnovers.
- The last time AF recorded at least 19 turnovers was Feb 25, 2012 against UNLV.
- AF set season lows for assists, field goals made, field goal percentage, free throws made, steals, three-pointers, three-point percentage, and total points.
- The Falcons have outshot their opponents in free throw percentage for the past 4 games.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (13) than the starters (6).
- Michael Lyons has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 15 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Marek Olesinski.
Colorado State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Wes Eikmeier and Colton Iverson) accounted for 40.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Pierce Hornung and Greg Smith) accounted for 42.5% of the rebounds.
- Wes Eikmeier has led the team in scoring 4 times in 17 games this season.
- Pierce Hornung has led the team in rebounding 11 times in 17 games this season.
- Colton Iverson has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Wes Eikmeier has 5 straight double-digit point games.
|-||Joe De Ciman||9||2||0||0||0||0||1|