Air Force 40
(9-6, 2-5 away)
Colorado State 79
(14-3, 11-0 home)
Venue: Moby Arena
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 16, 2013
||M Lyons 17
||M Lyons 4
||T Fletcher 4
||C Iverson 14
||P Hornung 10
||D Green 4
On Wednesday, January 16th, Colorado State outrebounded Air Force 40-19 and won big against the Falcons 79-40 in conference play. Colorado State jumped out to a huge 34-19 lead at halftime and never let up. The Rams were led by Pierce Hornung, who put up 12 points plus nine rebounds. Wes Eikmeier had a game-high 17 points. For the Falcons, Marek Olesinski got six points and two rebounds. Colorado State (14-3, 1-1 MWC) welcomes UNLV (14-3, 1-1 MWC) on Saturday, January 19th.
Colorado State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 11:37 left to go.
- The last time CSU started the season 14-3 was 1997.
- CSU beat the spread by 28.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Rams have beaten the spread.
- This was the 7th blowout win this season (a win by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, CSU has been on the winning end of 19 blowout games.
- The Rams have won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after recording 79 or more total points.
- Colorado State has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) when its field goal percentage has been 50.9% or better.
- CSU has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) after holding an opponent to under 37.0% field goal percentage.
- CSU has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 2 or fewer steals.
- This season Colorado State has won 82% of the time (9-2) when Colton Iverson has 15 points or more, 88% of the time (7-1) when Wes Eikmeier has 5 field goals made or more, and 100% of the time (4-0) when Jonathan Octeus has 4 free throws made or more.
- The Rams have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 17 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--CSU has a 21.0 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Wes Eikmeier and Colton Iverson) accounted for 40.5% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Pierce Hornung and Greg Smith) accounted for 42.5% of the rebounds.
- Wes Eikmeier has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 17 games this season.
- Pierce Hornung has led the team in rebounding in 11 out of 17 games this season.
- Colton Iverson has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Wes Eikmeier has 5 straight double-digit point games.
Air Force Game Notes
- Air Force lost and did not cover the spread.
- This was the 2nd blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, AF has been on the losing end of 17 blowout games.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (13) than the starters (6).
- Michael Lyons has led the team in scoring 10 times in 15 games this season.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Marek Olesinski.
|-||Joe De Ciman||9||2||0||0||0||0||1|