Oregon vs. USC: Full Game Preview
|Oregon||D Dotson 11.8||A Kazemi 9.4||D Artis 3.6|
|USC||E Wise 11.9||D Dedmon 7.6||J Fontan 5.2|
USC plays host to No. 21 Oregon at Galen Center on Thursday. It takes place at 11:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPNU. The Trojans are 2-5 against the Ducks over the last four years. They lost 65-62 the last time they played (1/19/2012).
USC is 6th in the conference and Oregon is 1st. Both teams continue to jockey for position.
In their last outing, behind 14 points from JT Terrell, the Trojans blew out Utah 76-59 on January 12th. In addition to his 9.3 points per game, he is also chipping in 1.9 rebounds per game. For the Ducks, Carlos Emory put up 14 points and 8 rebounds in the 68-65 win over Arizona State on January 13th. He is averaging 10.5 points and 4.5 rebounds per game.
Oregon has an edge in a single key statistical category, scoring, where the Ducks have the upper hand over the Trojans, 76 points per game to 63 points per game. The Four Factors in which Oregon stands out are offensive rebounding percentage at 38.7 and defensive rebounding percentage at 72.9.
- The USC three-point leader (JT Terrell) has more three-pointers than the Oregon three-point leader (E.J. Singler).
- Diaper Dandies love us. USC has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than Oregon (7 vs 4).
- Omar Oraby is ranked 6th in the Pac 12 in blocks.
- JT Terrell is ranked 7th in the Pac 12 in three-pointers.
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. USC has come back to win after being down at half against Oregon 7 times since 1996.
- At least you keep showing up. USC has an average margin of victory of 8 over Oregon in 30 wins since 1980.
- The USC scoring leader (Eric Wise) has more points than the Oregon scoring leader (Damyean Dotson).
- USC has a much higher 4-year graduation rate than Oregon according to Kiplinger (71.6% vs 46%).
- You'll do better on next semester's exams, right? USC currently has a higher Academic Progress Rate (960 to 926) than Oregon, per the NCAA.
- Jio Fontan is ranked 46th nationally in assists.