|South Florida||V Rudd 11.5||V Rudd 7.9||A Collins 7.0|
|Rutgers||E Carter 16.1||W Judge 6.4||D Miller 2.8|
On Thursday, South Florida heads to Louis Brown Athletic Center to take on Rutgers. It starts at 9:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN/ESPN2. The Bulls are 2-2 against the Scarlet Knights over the last four years. The last time they met (1/1/2012) they won 67-65.
South Florida is in 15th place in the conference, Rutgers is in 5th place.
In their last match-up on January 12th, Victor Rudd put up 10 points and 8 rebounds for the Bulls in a loss to Louisville, 64-38. He leads the team in points with 11.5 per game and rebounds with 7.9 per game. For the Scarlet Knights, Kadeem Jack finished with 5 points and 7 rebounds in the 68-58 loss to Cincinnati on January 12th. He averages 5.5 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.3 blocks per game.
There is one important category where Rutgers has a statistical edge, scoring, where the Scarlet Knights have the upper hand over the Bulls, 70 points per game to 62 points per game.
- South Florida has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (43% vs 61%).
- South Florida has a better scoring defense (60.6 allowed per game vs 67.0 allowed per game) than Rutgers this season.
- Winning is in our blood. South Florida had a better record in close games than Rutgers last season (5-5 vs 3-7).
- We just win. South Florida has more wins over the last 5 years than Rutgers (81 vs 75).
- South Florida has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Rutgers ($26,507 vs $36,734).
- Even computers respect South Florida more. We have a better RPI this season than Rutgers (RPI: #96 vs #110).
- South Florida has a better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.479 to 0.460).
- The South Florida rebounding leader (Victor Rudd) has more rebounds than the Rutgers rebounding leader (Wally Judge).
- South Florida is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on South Florida is 216 lbs compared to 209 lbs for Rutgers.
- South Florida players are more experienced than Rutgers players (12,127 minutes played vs 11,598 minutes played).
- South Florida beat Rutgers by 2 points the last time they played (Jan 01, 2012).