Loyola (IL) 59
(10-7, 4-4 away)
(11-7, 8-1 home)
Venue: UIC Pavilion
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 16, 2013
||B Averkamp 15
||B Averkamp 6
||C Payne 4
||G Talton 13
||H Humes 5
||G Talton 4
On Wednesday, January 16th, UIC narrowly beat Loyola (Chicago) 61-59 in conference action. The Flames were led by Gary Talton, who got a team-high 14 points plus four rebounds. Josh Crittle had 12 points and added seven rebounds. For the Ramblers, Christian Thomas finished with a game-high 16 points and six rebounds. UIC (11-7, 2-3 Horizon) gets Detroit (11-5, 3-1 Horizon) on the road on Saturday, January 19th.
UIC Game Notes
- UIC beat the spread by 0.5 points. That makes the 11th time this season the Flames have beaten the spread.
- The Flames have won 3 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, UIC has won 19 close games.
- The Flames have won 83% of the time this season (5-1) after recording 4 or more blocks.
- UIC has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when opponents record 2 or fewer steals.
- UIC has won 77% of the time this season (10-3) after holding an opponent to under 40.4% field goal percentage.
- This season UIC has won 75% of the time (6-2) when Josh Crittle has 12 points or more and 73% of the time (8-3) when Gary Talton has 4 assists or more.
- UIC set a season low for turnovers.
- UIC has recorded fewer rebounds than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 8th game at home this season--UIC has a 11.6 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Gary Talton and Josh Crittle) accounted for 42.6% of the points.
- Gary Talton has led the team in scoring in 8 out of 18 games this season.
- Josh Crittle has led the team in rebounding in 6 out of 18 games this season.
- Gary Talton has 5 straight double-digit point games.
Loyola (Chicago) Game Notes
- Loyola (Chicago) lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Ramblers have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Loyola (Chicago) has lost 22 close games.
- This loss extended the Ramblers losing streak to 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Christian Thomas and Ben Averkamp) accounted for 50.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Hicks and Christian Thomas) accounted for 40.6% of the rebounds.
- Jordan Hicks has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 17 games this season.
- Joe Crisman set a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.