Loyola (IL) 59
(10-7, 4-4 away)
(11-7, 8-1 home)
Venue: UIC Pavilion
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 16, 2013
||B Averkamp 15
||B Averkamp 6
||C Payne 4
||G Talton 13
||H Humes 5
||G Talton 4
On Wednesday, January 16th, Loyola (Chicago) dropped a close one to UIC 61-59 in conference play. Christian Thomas put up a game-high 16 points and six rebounds in a losing effort. Ben Averkamp had 14 points and added four rebounds. For the Flames, Gary Talton finished with a team-high 14 points and four rebounds. Next up for Loyola (Chicago) (10-7, 1-4 Horizon) is Chicago State (4-14, 0-1 Great West) on Sunday, January 20th on the road.
Loyola (Chicago) Game Notes
- Loyola (Chicago) started 10-7 during the 2010, 2008, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- The Ramblers have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Loyola (Chicago) has lost 22 close games.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 42.1% or better this season, Loyola (Chicago) has lost 78% of the time (2-7).
- When the opposition shoots a three-point percentage of 33.3% or better this season, Loyola (Chicago) has lost 78% of the time (2-7).
- When the opposition records 61 or more total points this season, Loyola (Chicago) has lost 75% of the time (2-6).
- LCU set a season low for steals.
- Loyola (Chicago) has recorded fewer blocks than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- The top two scorers (Christian Thomas and Ben Averkamp) accounted for 50.8% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Hicks and Christian Thomas) accounted for 40.6% of the rebounds.
- Jordan Hicks has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 17 games this season.
- Joe Crisman had a career high with a 100% three-point percentage.
UIC Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Gary Talton and Josh Crittle) accounted for 42.6% of the points.
- Gary Talton has led the team in scoring 8 times in 18 games this season.
- Josh Crittle has led the team in rebounding 6 times in 18 games this season.
- Gary Talton has 5 straight double-digit point games.