(8-8, 1-3 away)
(11-5, 11-3 home)
Venue: Bud Walton Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 16, 2013
||F Sullivan 17
||R Chubb 7
||J Wallace 3
||B Young 17
||M Powell 5
||B Young 4
In a game where they turned the ball over 19 times, Auburn dropped one to Arkansas 88-80 in double overtime. Frankie Sullivan put on a show for the Tigers and put up a team-high 26 points, shooting 5 of 11 from three-point range. Josh Wallace also had a good outing, scoring six points and adding nine assists. Marshawn Powell recorded a double-double for the Razorbacks on a game-high 28 points and 11 rebounds. Next up for Auburn (8-8, 2-1 SEC) is Kentucky (11-5, 2-1 SEC) on Saturday, January 19th at home.
Auburn Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd OT with 0:17 left to go.
- The last time Auburn started the season 8-8 was 2005.
- Auburn beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- Auburn has played in 2 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Tigers have played in 10 overtime games with a record of 2-8.
- The Tigers have been unlucky 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Auburn has lost 27 close games.
- Auburn has lost 100% of the time this season (0-4) after committing 19 or more turnovers.
- Auburn has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 7 or fewer free throws made.
- When the opposition records 20 or more free throws made this season, Auburn has lost 100% of the time (0-3).
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 45.5% or better this season, Auburn has lost 75% of the time (2-6).
- The Tigers set a season high for three-pointers.
- Auburn set a season low for steals.
- Josh Wallace recorded a team season high in assists with 9.
- Frankie Sullivan accounted for 32.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Rob Chubb and Frankie Sullivan) accounted for 51.2% of the rebounds.
- Frankie Sullivan has led the team in scoring in 10 out of 16 games this season.
- Rob Chubb has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 16 games this season.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Frankie Sullivan's career.
- Frankie Sullivan has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Frankie Sullivan had career highs with 9 rebounds and 8 defensive rebounds.
- Josh Wallace had a career high with 9 assists.
- Rob Chubb recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Rob Chubb.
- Rob Chubb recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 5th of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Allen Payne.
Arkansas Game Notes
- Arkansas won, but did not cover the spread.
- Marshawn Powell accounted for 31.8% of the team's points.
- Marshawn Powell accounted for 30.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Marshawn Powell has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 8 times in 16 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of B.J. Young's career.
- B.J. Young has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Marshawn Powell's career.
- Marshawn Powell recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 9th of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Mardracus Wade.
|C+||Brian Greene Jr||15||6||1||2||0||0||1|