(8-8, 1-3 away)
(11-5, 11-3 home)
Venue: Bud Walton Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 16, 2013
||F Sullivan 17
||R Chubb 7
||J Wallace 3
||B Young 17
||M Powell 5
||B Young 4
Arkansas beat Auburn 88-80 in double overtime on an evening when they had only eight turnovers. Marshawn Powell earned a double-double in the Razorbacks win including a game-high 28 points and 11 rebounds. B.J. Young had 22 points and added six rebounds. For the Tigers, Frankie Sullivan finished with a team-high 26 points, including 5-of-11 shooting from three-point range. Arkansas (11-5, 2-1 SEC) takes on Ole Miss (14-2, 3-0 SEC) on Saturday, January 19th on the road.
Arkansas Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd OT with 0:17 left to go.
- Arkansas has played in 1 overtime game this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Razorbacks have played in 12 overtime games with a record of 7-5.
- The Razorbacks have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, Arkansas has won 22 close games.
- The Razorbacks have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 88 or more total points.
- This season Arkansas has won 71% of the time (5-2) when B.J. Young has 8 field goals made or more and 80% of the time (4-1) when Marshawn Powell has 4 free throws made or more.
- The Razorbacks have recorded more steals than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--Arkansas has a 18.5 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Marshawn Powell accounted for 31.8% of the team's points.
- Marshawn Powell accounted for 30.5% of the team's rebounds.
- Marshawn Powell has led the team in scoring 7 times and in rebounding 8 times in 16 games this season.
- This marks the 12th 20-point game of B.J. Young's career.
- B.J. Young has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 14th 20-point game of Marshawn Powell's career.
- Marshawn Powell recorded a double-double. It was his 2nd this season and 9th of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Mardracus Wade.
Auburn Game Notes
- The Tigers have lost 5 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Auburn has lost 27 close games.
- Josh Wallace recorded a team season high in assists with 9.
- Frankie Sullivan accounted for 32.5% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Rob Chubb and Frankie Sullivan) accounted for 51.2% of the rebounds.
- Frankie Sullivan has led the team in scoring 10 times in 16 games this season.
- Rob Chubb has led the team in rebounding 8 times in 16 games this season.
- This marks the 19th 20-point game of Frankie Sullivan's career.
- Frankie Sullivan has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Frankie Sullivan set career highs with 9 rebounds and 8 defensive rebounds.
- Josh Wallace set a career high with 9 assists.
- Rob Chubb recorded the 8th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Rob Chubb.
- Rob Chubb recorded a double-double. It was his 4th this season and 5th of his career.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Allen Payne.
|C+||Brian Greene Jr||15||6||1||2||0||0||1|