|UC Irvine||D Starring 13.5||A Folker 6.6||A Young 4.0|
|CS Fullerton||D Seeley 19.1||K Vaughn 4.8||D Seeley 4.1|
Cal State Fullerton hosts UC Irvine at Titan Gym on Thursday. Tip-off is at 11:00 EST. The Titans are 5-4 against the Anteaters over the last four years. They fell 65-59 on 3/8/2012, the last time they met.
UC Irvine is in 4th place in the Big West and just behind 2nd place Cal State Fullerton with a chance to catch up.
The 19 points by Sammy Yeager helped the Titans to a 71-69 victory over UC Riverside on January 12th. He tallies 15.3 points per game and also adds 4.4 rebounds per game. In a 79-69 victory over Cal State Northridge on January 12th, Will Davis II put up 13 points and 8 rebounds for the Anteaters. He averages 7.2 points per game in addition to a team-best 1.9 blocks per game.
Cal State Fullerton has a statistical advantage over UC Irvine in one significant category, scoring, where the Titans have an edge over the Anteaters, 83 points per game to 70 points per game.
UC Irvine StatSmack
- Diaper Dandies love us. Cal State Fullerton has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than UC Irvine (1 vs 0).
- At least you keep showing up. Cal State Fullerton has an average margin of victory of 10 over UC Irvine in 40 wins since 1980.
- Alex Harris is ranked 5th in the Big West in three-pointers and 6th in the Big West in steals.
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, Cal State Fullerton has had more players drafted by the NBA than UC Irvine (1 vs 0).
- Sammy Yeager is ranked 4th in the Big West in three-pointers.
- The Cal State Fullerton three-point leader (Sammy Yeager) has more three-pointers than the UC Irvine three-point leader (Michael Wilder).
- Cal State Fullerton has a more potent offense, scoring more points (83.8 per game vs 69.8 per game) than UC Irvine this season.
- We just win. Cal State Fullerton has more wins over the last 5 years than UC Irvine (94 vs 76).
- The Cal State Fullerton scoring leader (Kwame Vaughn) has more points than the UC Irvine scoring leader (Daman Starring).
- Cal State Fullerton is better under pressure, and has defeated UC Irvine in 4 out of the last 7 games decided by 5 points or fewer.
- The Cal State Fullerton steals leader (D.J. Seeley) has more steals than the UC Irvine steals leader (Alex Young).
|C||Will Davis II||23||7||6||1||0||2||2|