Illinois State 62
(9-9, 2-4 away)
Wichita State 74
(16-2, 11-0 home)
Venue: Charles Koch Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 16, 2013
||J Carmichael 17
||J Carmichael 8
||K Keane 4
||C Early 15
||C Hall 7
||M Armstead 3
On Wednesday, January 16th, Wichita State knocked off Illinois State 74-62 in conference action. The Shockers got the win with a career-high 11 points and five rebounds from Jake White. Malcolm Armstead also had a solid outing, scoring 10 points and adding five rebounds (4 Ast 4 Stl). Jackie Carmichael got a game-high 22 points and nine rebounds for the Redbirds. Wichita State (16-2, 5-1 The Valley) takes on 12th-ranked Creighton (17-1, 6-0 The Valley) on Saturday, January 19th on their home court.
Wichita State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:46 left to go.
- Wichita State started 16-2 during the 2009 and 2004 seasons (since 1996).
- WSU beat the spread by 3.5 points. That makes the 9th time this season the Shockers have beaten the spread.
- The Shockers have won 100% of the time this season (8-0) after recording 74 or more total points.
- Wichita State has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) when its field goal percentage has been 46.6% or better.
- WSU has won 100% of the time this season (10-0) when opponents record 62 or fewer total points.
- WSU has won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after holding an opponent to under 32.8% field goal percentage.
- This season Wichita State has won 89% of the time (8-1) when Cleanthony Early has 16 points or more, 83% of the time (5-1) when Malcolm Armstead plays 31 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (5-0) when Carl Hall has 10 rebounds or more.
- The Shockers have recorded more rebounds than their opponents for the past 8 games.
- This is the 9th game at home this season--WSU has a 17.3 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Cleanthony Early and Demetric Williams) accounted for 40.5% of the points.
- Cleanthony Early has led the team in scoring in 9 out of 18 games this season.
- Carl Hall has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 18 games this season.
- Demetric Williams had a career high with 6 field goals made.
- Cleanthony Early has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Carl Hall recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
Illinois State Game Notes
- Illinois State lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Redbirds losing streak to 6 games.
- Jackie Carmichael accounted for 35.4% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jackie Carmichael and Tyler Brown) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Jackie Carmichael has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 15 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Jackie Carmichael's career.
- Jackie Carmichael has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Tyler Brown set a career high with 9 rebounds.
|B||Fred Van Vleet||12||0||2||6||0||0||1|