Seton Hall 62
(12-6, 4-4 away)
(25) Marquette 69
(13-3, 10-1 home)
Venue: BMO Harris Bradley Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 16, 2013
||F Edwin 17
||G Teague 8
||T Maayan 4
||V Blue 13
||D Gardner 5
||J Cadougan 4
Seton Hall stumbled against No. 25 Marquette 69-62 in conference play on Wednesday, January 16th. With the loss, the Pirates stay winless versus AP-Ranked teams at 0-3 for the season. Haralds Karlis put up a career-high 14 points plus six rebounds in the loss. Kyle Smyth also put in a solid contribution, scoring eight points and adding five rebounds. For the Golden Eagles, Davante Gardner got a game-high 17 points and five rebounds. Next up for Seton Hall (12-6, 1-4 Big East) is South Florida (9-5, 0-3 Big East) on Wednesday, January 23rd on their home court.
Seton Hall Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:10 left to go.
- Seton Hall started 12-6 during the 2009, 2007, 2005, and 2000 seasons (since 1996).
- SHU beat the spread by 2.5 points. That makes the 5th time this season the Pirates have beaten the spread.
- Prior to this game, SHU played 42 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 8-34.
- Seton Hall has lost 75% of the time this season (1-3) after recording 31 or fewer rebounds.
- When the opposition records 69 or more total points this season, Seton Hall has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- When the opposition records 15 or more assists this season, Seton Hall has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- SHU set a season low for steals.
- The Pirates have turned the ball over more than their opponents in the past 6 games.
- Seton Hall has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 5 games.
- Aaron Cosby recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 10.
- The top two scorers (Aaron Cosby and Haralds Karlis) accounted for 46.7% of the points.
- Gene Teague accounted for 35.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Aaron Cosby has led the team in scoring in 4 out of 18 games this season.
- Gene Teague has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 18 games this season.
- Haralds Karlis had a career high with 14 points.
- Aaron Cosby has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Gene Teague recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Gene Teague.
- Fuquan Edwin has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Fuquan Edwin.
Marquette Game Notes
- Marquette won, but did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Davante Gardner and Todd Mayo) accounted for 42.0% of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (39) than the starters (30).
- Davante Gardner has led the team in scoring 6 times in 16 games this season.
- Vander Blue has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Davante Gardner has 6 straight double-digit point games.
|-||S. Taylor Jr.||5||0||0||0||0||0||0|