Seton Hall 62
(12-6, 4-4 away)
(25) Marquette 69
(13-3, 10-1 home)
Venue: BMO Harris Bradley Center
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 16, 2013
||F Edwin 17
||G Teague 8
||T Maayan 4
||V Blue 13
||D Gardner 5
||J Cadougan 4
On Wednesday, January 16th, No. 25 Marquette beat Seton Hall 69-62 in Big East action. Davante Gardner had an impressive game for the Golden Eagles and put up a game-high 17 points plus five rebounds. Chris Otule got two points and added six rebounds. For the Pirates, Haralds Karlis finished with a career-high 14 points and six rebounds. Marquette (13-3, 4-0 Big East) travels to Cincinnati (15-3, 3-2 Big East) on Saturday, January 19th.
Marquette Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:10 left to go.
- Marquette started 13-3 during the 2007, 2006, 2002, 2001, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- The win over Seton Hall extended the Marquette winning streak to 6 games.
- The Golden Eagles have won 100% of the time this season (4-0) after recording 24 or more free throws made.
- Marquette has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when its three-point percentage has been 33.3% or better.
- Marquette has won 100% of the time this season (7-0) when opponents record 11 or fewer free throws made.
- Marquette has won 89% of the time this season (8-1) after holding an opponent to under 39.6% field goal percentage.
- This season Marquette has won 82% of the time (9-2) when Vander Blue has 11 points or more, 100% of the time (5-0) when Trent Lockett plays 30 minutes or more, and 100% of the time (8-0) when Davante Gardner has 5 field goals made or more.
- The Golden Eagles have recorded more free throws made than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- Marquette has recorded fewer three-pointers than their opponents for the past 6 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--Marquette has a 12.2 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Davante Gardner and Todd Mayo) accounted for 42.0% of the points.
- The bench recorded more points (39) than the starters (30).
- Davante Gardner has led the team in scoring in 6 out of 16 games this season.
- Vander Blue has 6 straight double-digit point games.
- Davante Gardner has 6 straight double-digit point games.
Seton Hall Game Notes
- This loss extended the Pirates losing streak to 4 games.
- Aaron Cosby recorded a team season high in three pointers attempted with 10.
- The top two scorers (Aaron Cosby and Haralds Karlis) accounted for 46.7% of the points.
- Gene Teague accounted for 35.4% of the team's rebounds.
- Aaron Cosby has led the team in scoring 4 times in 18 games this season.
- Gene Teague has led the team in rebounding 9 times in 18 games this season.
- Haralds Karlis set a career high with 14 points.
- Aaron Cosby has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- Gene Teague recorded the 13th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Gene Teague.
- Fuquan Edwin has 5 straight double-digit point games.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Fuquan Edwin.
|-||S. Taylor Jr.||5||0||0||0||0||0||0|