Illinois State 62
(9-9, 2-4 away)
Wichita State 74
(16-2, 11-0 home)
Venue: Charles Koch Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 16, 2013
||J Carmichael 17
||J Carmichael 8
||K Keane 4
||C Early 15
||C Hall 7
||M Armstead 3
Illinois State faced off with Wichita State on Wednesday, January 16th and was edged by the Shockers 74-62 in conference play. Jackie Carmichael put up a game-high 22 points and nine rebounds in the Redbirds loss. Tyler Brown had 14 points and added nine rebounds. Jake White got a career-high 11 points and five rebounds for the Shockers. Next up for Illinois State (9-9, 0-6 The Valley) is Southern Illinois (8-9, 1-5 The Valley) on Sunday, January 20th on the road.
Illinois State Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 0:46 left to go.
- The last time IllSt started the season 9-9 was 2006.
- Illinois State has lost 100% of the time this season (0-3) after recording 62 or fewer total points.
- When the opposition shoots a field goal percentage of 46.6% or better this season, Illinois State has lost 86% of the time (1-6).
- When the opposition records 74 or more total points this season, Illinois State has lost 83% of the time (1-5).
- IllSt set season lows for assists, field goals made, field goal percentage, and steals.
- Illinois State has been outshot by their opponents in field goal percentage for the past 6 games.
- Jackie Carmichael accounted for 35.4% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jackie Carmichael and Tyler Brown) accounted for 50.0% of the rebounds.
- Jackie Carmichael has led the team in scoring 10 times and in rebounding 15 times in 18 games this season.
- This marks the 17th 20-point game of Jackie Carmichael's career.
- Jackie Carmichael has 10 straight double-digit point games.
- Tyler Brown had a career high with 9 rebounds.
Wichita State Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Cleanthony Early and Demetric Williams) accounted for 40.5% of the points.
- Cleanthony Early has led the team in scoring 9 times in 18 games this season.
- Carl Hall has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 18 games this season.
- Demetric Williams set a career high with 6 field goals made.
- Cleanthony Early has 8 straight double-digit point games.
- Carl Hall recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
|B||Fred Van Vleet||12||0||2||6||0||0||1|