Kansas State 67
(14-2, 3-2 away)
Venue: Daniel-Meyer Coliseum
9:00PM ET / 6:00PM PT, January 16, 2013
||R McGruder 15
||T Gipson 6
||A Rodriguez 4
||K Anderson 11
||A McKinney 6
||K Anderson 3
On Wednesday, January 16th, TCU took on No. 16 Kansas State and lost at home against the Wildcats 67-54 in conference play. The Horned Frogs got a career-high 18 points and nine rebounds from Adrick McKinney. Devonta Abron scored nine points and added six rebounds. Rodney McGruder finished with a game-high 21 points and five rebounds for the Wildcats. Next up for TCU (9-8, 0-4 Big 12) is Iowa State (11-4, 1-1 Big 12) on Saturday, January 19th on their home court.
TCU Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 5:50 left to go.
- TCU started 9-8 during the 2010, 2009, and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
- Prior to this game, TCU played 18 Top 25 opponents in the last 5 seasons with a record of 2-16.
- The Horned Frogs have lost 86% of the time this season (1-6) after having a field goal percentage of 37.5% or worse.
- TCU has recorded fewer assists than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 11th game at home this season--TCU has a 3.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Adrick McKinney accounted for 33.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Adrick McKinney and Devonta Abron) accounted for 48.3% of the rebounds.
- Adrick McKinney has led the team in rebounding in 9 out of 17 games this season.
- Adrick McKinney had career highs with 18 points and 6 offensive rebounds.
- Nate Butler Lind had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
Kansas State Game Notes
- Rodney McGruder accounted for 31.3% of the team's points.
- The top two rebounders (Jordan Henriquez and Shane Southwell) accounted for 47.0% of the rebounds.
- Rodney McGruder has led the team in scoring 8 times in 16 games this season.
- Jordan Henriquez has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 16 games this season.
- This marks the 18th 20-point game of Rodney McGruder's career.
- Rodney McGruder has 7 straight double-digit point games.
- Jordan Henriquez recorded the 7th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- This was the 2nd foul out of the season for Jordan Henriquez.
|B-||C. Hill Jr.||37||5||5||1||1||0||0|
|D||N. Butler Lind||22||4||0||1||0||0||4|
|-||Clyde Smith III||8||0||0||0||0||0||2|