South Carolina 82
(11-5, 3-2 away)
Venue: Pete Maravich Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 16, 2013
||B Williams 11
||L Jackson 7
||E Smith 3
||S Coleman 12
||S Coleman 8
||A Hickey 4
Although they were big favorites on Wednesday, January 16th, LSU lost at home against South Carolina 82-73 in overtime. Anthony Hickey put up a team-high 18 points plus seven rebounds in the Tigers loss. Charles Carmouche scored 13 points. Michael Carrera registered a double-double for the Gamecocks with a season-high 23 points and 10 rebounds. LSU (9-5, 0-3 SEC) goes to Georgia (6-10, 0-3 SEC) on Saturday, January 19th.
LSU Game Notes
- LSU started 9-5 during the 2009, 2005, 2004, and 1998 seasons (since 1996).
- LSU has played in 1 overtime game this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Tigers have played in 10 overtime games with a record of 4-6.
- The Tigers have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, LSU has lost 22 close games.
- When the opposition records 26 or more field goals made this season, LSU has lost 80% of the time (1-4).
- When the opposition records 82 or more total points this season, LSU has lost 75% of the time (1-3).
- The Tigers set a season high for turnovers.
- LSU has recorded fewer free throws made than their opponents for the past 4 games.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--LSU has a 9.1 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Hickey and Charles Carmouche) accounted for 42.4% of the points.
- Anthony Hickey has led the team in rebounding in 3 out of 14 games this season.
- Anthony Hickey has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Hickey had career highs with 4 three-pointers, 7 rebounds, and 7 defensive rebounds.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Johnny O`Bryant III.
South Carolina Game Notes
- The Gamecocks won this one, but have lost 2 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, South Carolina has lost 25 close games.
- Michael Carrera recorded a team season high in points with 23 and free throws made with 9.
- Brenton Williams tallied a team season high in free throws made with 9.
- The top two scorers (Michael Carrera and Brenton Williams) accounted for 47.5% of the points.
- Lakeem Jackson accounted for 30.5% of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (15).
- The bench recorded more points (53) than the starters (29).
- Michael Carrera has led the team in scoring 3 times in 16 games this season.
- Lakeem Jackson has led the team in rebounding 7 times in 16 games this season.
- Lakeem Jackson recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Lakeem Jackson recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 4th of his career.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Michael Carrera's career.
- Michael Carrera recorded a double-double. It was the 3rd of his career.
|C+||A. Del Piero||29||7||5||1||1||0||1|
|C+||J. O`Bryant III||23||9||6||0||1||1||4|