South Carolina 82
(11-5, 3-2 away)
Venue: Pete Maravich Center
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 16, 2013
||B Williams 11
||L Jackson 7
||E Smith 3
||S Coleman 12
||S Coleman 8
||A Hickey 4
Though they were a 10-point underdog coming into the game, South Carolina won on the road versus LSU 82-73 in overtime. Michael Carrera earned a double-double in the win with a season-high 23 points and 10 rebounds. Lakeem Jackson got a double-double as well with 11 points and 11 rebounds. For the Tigers, Anthony Hickey got a team-high 18 points and seven rebounds. Next up for South Carolina (11-5, 1-2 SEC) is Vanderbilt (6-9, 0-3 SEC) on Saturday, January 19th at home.
South Carolina Game Notes
- South Carolina started 11-5 during the 2010, 2009, 2001, and 1996 seasons (since 1996).
- USC beat the spread by 19.0 points. That makes the 7th time this season the Gamecocks have beaten the spread.
- South Carolina has played in 3 overtime games this season. Over the last 5 seasons, the Gamecocks have played in 10 overtime games with a record of 7-3.
- The Gamecocks have won 4 close games this season (a win by 5 or fewer points). Since 2007, South Carolina has won 29 close games.
- The Gamecocks have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 82 or more total points.
- USC has won 86% of the time this season (6-1) when opponents record 13 or fewer free throws made.
- USC has won 75% of the time this season (6-2) after holding an opponent to under 29.6% three-point percentage.
- This season South Carolina has won 83% of the time (5-1) when Lakeem Jackson has 11 points or more.
- The Gamecocks set a season high for free throws made.
- The last time USC recorded at least 28 free throws made was Nov 16, 2009 against Georgia Southern.
- USC set a season low for assists.
- Michael Carrera recorded a team season high in points with 23 and free throws made with 9.
- Brenton Williams tallied a team season high in free throws made with 9.
- The top two scorers (Michael Carrera and Brenton Williams) accounted for 47.5% of the points.
- Lakeem Jackson accounted for 30.5% of the team's rebounds.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (18) than the starters (15).
- The bench recorded more points (53) than the starters (29).
- Michael Carrera has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 16 games this season.
- Lakeem Jackson has led the team in rebounding in 7 out of 16 games this season.
- Lakeem Jackson recorded the 10th double-digit rebound game of his career.
- Lakeem Jackson recorded a double-double. It was his 3rd this season and 4th of his career.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Michael Carrera's career.
- Michael Carrera recorded a double-double. It was the 3rd of his career.
LSU Game Notes
- LSU lost and did not cover the spread.
- The Tigers have lost 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, LSU has lost 22 close games.
- This loss extended the Tigers losing streak to 3 games.
- The top two scorers (Anthony Hickey and Charles Carmouche) accounted for 42.4% of the points.
- Anthony Hickey has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 14 games this season.
- Anthony Hickey has 4 straight double-digit point games.
- Anthony Hickey set career highs with 4 three-pointers, 7 rebounds, and 7 defensive rebounds.
- This was the 4th foul out of the season for Johnny O`Bryant III.
|C+||A. Del Piero||29||7||5||1||1||0||1|
|C+||J. O`Bryant III||23||9||6||0||1||1||4|