(6-10, 0-4 away)
(17) Missouri 79
(13-3, 10-1 home)
Venue: Mizzou Arena
8:00PM ET / 5:00PM PT, January 16, 2013
||K Caldwell-Pope 16
||K Caldwell-Pope 6
||C Mann 2
||L Bowers 16
||A Oriakhi 8
||P Pressey 7
No. 17 Missouri easily beat Georgia 79-62 in SEC action on a night when they had only nine turnovers. Alex Oriakhi played well for the Tigers and put up 13 points and eight rebounds. Keion Bell also had a strong game, scoring 14 points and adding four assists. Vincent Williams finished with a career-high 23 points and four rebounds for the Bulldogs. Next up for Missouri (12-3, 2-1 SEC) is 10th-ranked Florida (12-2, 2-0 SEC) on Saturday, January 19th on the road.
Missouri Game Notes
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:45 left to go.
- Missouri started 13-3 during the 2009 and 2008 seasons (since 1996).
- Mizzou beat the spread by 4.0 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Tigers have beaten the spread.
- Missouri has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) when its field goal percentage has been 48.1% or better.
- The Tigers have won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after recording 18 or more free throws made.
- Missouri has won 100% of the time this season (5-0) after committing 9 or fewer turnovers.
- Mizzou has won 100% of the time this season (6-0) when opponents record 62 or fewer total points.
- This season Missouri has won 86% of the time (6-1) when Alex Oriakhi has 13 points or more, 79% of the time (11-3) when Phil Pressey plays 30 minutes or more, and 86% of the time (6-1) when Earnest Ross has 5 field goals made or more.
- This is the 10th game at home this season--Mizzou has a 21.9 average scoring margin against opponents at home.
- Alex Oriakhi recorded a team season high in blocks with 4.
- The top two rebounders (Alex Oriakhi and Tony Criswell) accounted for 45.1% of the rebounds.
- Jabari Brown has led the team in scoring in 3 out of 16 games this season.
- Alex Oriakhi has led the team in rebounding in 8 out of 16 games this season.
- Alex Oriakhi had a career high with a 100% field goal percentage.
- Jabari Brown has 3 straight double-digit point games.
Georgia Game Notes
- Georgia lost and did not cover the spread.
- This loss extended the Bulldogs losing streak to 3 games.
- Vincent Williams accounted for 37.0% of the team's points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (16) than the starters (9).
- The bench recorded more points (39) than the starters (23).
- Nemanja Djurisic has led the team in rebounding 3 times in 16 games this season.
- Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has 16 straight double-digit point games.
- This marks the 1st 20-point game of Vincent Williams's career.
- Vincent Williams set career highs with 23 points, 7 field goals made, and 3 three-pointers.