(11-7, 8-1 home)
Venue: Reynolds Center
8:05PM ET / 5:05PM PT, January 16, 2013
||K Tucker 12
||J Bohannon 6
||J Streeter 4
||R Smith 14
||J Woodard 5
||S Harrison 2
In a low-scoring game, Texas-El Paso lost a nail-biter to Tulsa 45-42 in conference play. John Bohannon put up a game-high 11 points and nine rebounds in a losing effort. Jacques Streeter had six points (4 Ast 4 Stl). Brandon Swannegan finished with three points and four rebounds for the Golden Hurricane. Texas-El Paso (9-7, 2-1 C-USA) takes on Southern Methodist (11-8, 1-3 C-USA) on Saturday, January 19th at home.
Texas-El Paso Game Notes
- The Miners have been unlucky 3 times this season in games decided by 5 or fewer points. Since 2007, Texas-El Paso has lost 22 close games.
- Texas-El Paso has lost 100% of the time this season (0-5) after recording 9 or fewer assists.
- The Miners set a season high for steals.
- UTEP set season lows for field goals made, field goal percentage, free throws made, and total points.
- The Miners have recorded more three-pointers than their opponents for the past 7 games.
- Jacques Streeter recorded a team season high in steals with 4.
- McKenzie Moore tallied a team season high in steals with 6.
- The top two scorers (John Bohannon and McKenzie Moore) accounted for 45.2% of the points.
- The top two rebounders (John Bohannon and Cedrick Lang) accounted for 48.4% of the rebounds.
- John Bohannon has led the team in scoring 4 times and in rebounding 7 times in 16 games this season.
- Jacques Streeter had a career high with 4 steals.
Tulsa Game Notes
- The top two scorers (Kauri Black and James Woodard) accounted for 46.6% of the points.
- Kauri Black has led the team in rebounding 4 times in 18 games this season.
|D||P. Swilling Jr.||24||3||2||2||0||0||5|