USC Upstate vs. Kennesaw State: Full Game Preview
|USC Upstate||T Craig 17.1||R Glenn 8.4||A Rodgers 2.6|
|Kennesaw State||M Cummings 18.6||A Anderson 7.6||D Love 3.1|
On Thursday, USC Upstate visits KSU Convocation Center to take on Kennesaw State. The game tips off at 7:00 EST. The Spartans are 6-2 against the Owls over the last four years. They won 70-58 on 2/6/2012 the last time they played.
Kennesaw State is in 9th place in the conference and USC Upstate is in 5th place.
In their last match-up on January 12th, Ty Greene put up 18 points and 6 rebounds for the Spartans in a loss to Stetson, 66-64. He is averaging 12.2 points per game and leads the team in steals with 1.7 per game. The Owls were defeated by North Florida 81-72 on January 12th despite 28 points from Markeith Cummings. He leads the team with 18.6 points per game.
USC Upstate has a statistical advantage in three significant areas. The Spartans will put a stronger offensive effort on the floor with an edge against the Owls in assists, 16 per game to 10 per game. USC Upstate also has an advantage in rebounding, 35 per game to 29 per game. Finally, the Spartans have the upper hand in scoring as well, 70 points per game to 61 points per game. Kennesaw State will hope to exploit their strength in free throw rate in this matchup. Their mark of 41.3 in this area ranks 2nd in the conference and 50th in the country.
Kennesaw State StatSmack
- USC Upstate has a much better overall winning percentage over the last 5 years (0.341 to 0.232).
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. USC Upstate has a stronger schedule than Kennesaw State this season (SOS Rank: #200 vs #267).
- Even computers respect USC Upstate more. We have a better RPI this season than Kennesaw State (RPI: #222 vs #338).
- The USC Upstate scoring leader (Torrey Craig) has more points than the Kennesaw State scoring leader (Markeith Cummings).
- USC Upstate is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on USC Upstate is 77.4 inches compared to 76.2 inches for Kennesaw State.
- The USC Upstate three-point leader (Torrey Craig) has more three-pointers than the Kennesaw State three-point leader (Delbert Love).
- USC Upstate waxed Kennesaw State by 12 points the last time they played (Feb 06, 2012).
- USC Upstate has a more potent offense, scoring more points (69.8 per game vs 57.4 per game) than Kennesaw State this season.
- You get an A for effort, but USC Upstate has emerged victorious against Kennesaw State the last 3 times they've played.
- USC Upstate players are more experienced than Kennesaw State players (10,967 minutes played vs 10,269 minutes played).
- USC Upstate does a better job contesting shots (44.9% allowed vs 51.4% allowed) than Kennesaw State this season.