|Saint Joseph's||C Jones 14.8||R Roberts Jr. 8.4||C Wilson 3.6|
|VCU||T Graham 15.5||J Reddic 7.4||D Theus 4.4|
On Thursday, St. Joseph's (PA) travels to Stuart Siegel Center to take on No. 22 Virginia Commonwealth. Tip-off is at 9:00 EST and you can catch it on CBSSN. The Hawks have not played the Rams since the 1982-83 season, when they lost 75-64.
The Hawks got past Duquesne 74-66 on January 12th with the help of 16 points and 6 rebounds from Langston Galloway. He tallies 14.8 points per game and also adds 3.7 rebounds per game. For the Rams, Treveon Graham finished with 17 points and 9 rebounds in the 72-65 win over St. Bonaventure on January 12th. He leads the team with 15.5 points per game.
Virginia Commonwealth has an edge in a single key statistical category, scoring, where the Rams have the upper hand over the Hawks, 77 points per game to 68 points per game. A key area of strength for Virginia Commonwealth is offensive rebounding percentage at 38.5, which ranks 2nd in their conference (and 24th nationally).
Virginia Commonwealth StatSmack
- St. Joseph's is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on St. Joseph's is 77.4 inches compared to 75.9 inches for Virginia Commonwealth.
- C.J. Aiken is ranked 15th nationally in blocks.
- The St. Joseph's basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Virginia Commonwealth (71% vs 56%).
- Ronald Roberts Jr. is ranked 9th in the A-10 in rebounds.
- The St. Joseph's blocks leader (C.J. Aiken) has more blocks than the Virginia Commonwealth blocks leader (Juvonte Reddic).
- We have a history of cultivating talent. Over the past 10 years, St. Joseph's has had more players drafted by the NBA than Virginia Commonwealth (3 vs 2).
- Langston Galloway is ranked 7th in the A-10 in three-pointers.
- AP voters think more highly of St. Joseph's and have put us in the AP Top 25 more often over the past 10 years than Virginia Commonwealth (24 vs 10).
- St. Joseph's is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on St. Joseph's is 206 lbs compared to 197 lbs for Virginia Commonwealth.
- St. Joseph's players are more experienced than Virginia Commonwealth players (15,113 minutes played vs 11,259 minutes played).
|B||R. Roberts Jr.||32||11||8||1||1||1||2|