|South Florida||V Rudd 11.5||V Rudd 7.9||A Collins 7.0|
|Rutgers||E Carter 16.1||W Judge 6.4||D Miller 2.8|
Rutgers plays host to South Florida at Louis Brown Athletic Center on Thursday. It gets started at 9:00 EST and you can catch it on ESPN/ESPN2. The Scarlet Knights are 2-2 against the Bulls over the last four years. They fell 67-65 on 1/1/2012, the last time they met.
Rutgers is in 5th place in the conference, South Florida is in 15th place.
In their last game, Myles Mack put up 15 points in the Scarlet Knights 68-58 loss to Cincinnati on January 12th. He is averaging 13.0 points per game and leads the team in steals with 1.9 per game. For the Bulls, Victor Rudd finished with 10 points and 8 rebounds in the 64-38 loss to Louisville on January 12th. He leads the team in points with 11.5 per game and rebounds with 7.9 per game.
There is a single key statistical area where Rutgers can exploit South Florida, scoring, where the Scarlet Knights have an edge over the Bulls, 70 points per game to 62 points per game.
South Florida StatSmack
- Piscataway isn't as congested as Tampa (population is significantly lower).
- Rutgers has a more potent offense, scoring more points (74.3 per game vs 66.6 per game) than South Florida this season.
- Diaper Dandies love us. Rutgers has recruited more McDonald's All-Americans out of high school than South Florida (1 vs 0).
- Rutgers has a much better Kiplinger Out-of-State Ranking than South Florida (#38 vs #64).
- Rutgers allows fewer rebounds (32.5 allowed per game vs 36.2 allowed per game) than South Florida this season.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Rutgers has recruited more Top 50 high school players than South Florida (3 vs 1).
- At least you keep showing up. Rutgers has an average margin of victory of 11 over South Florida in 6 wins since 1996.
- Rutgers is a better shooting team (48.3% vs 42.4%) than South Florida this season.
- Rutgers has a better overall winning percentage over the last 10 years (0.456 to 0.416).
- The Rutgers basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than South Florida (78% vs 50%).