|Northern Arizona||D Russell 16.2||G Bewernick 5.7||S Saldivar 3.9|
|Weber State||D Berry 13.7||J Bolomboy 8.8||D Berry 3.7|
Northern Arizona heads to Dee Events Center on Thursday to take on Weber State. It gets started at 9:00 EST. The Lumberjacks are 0-8 against the Wildcats over the last four years. They fell 67-49 on 2/9/2012, the last time they met.
Northern Arizona is in 7th place in the Big Sky and Weber State is in 1st. Both teams continue to fight for position.
The Lumberjacks were defeated by Portland State 79-74 on January 12th despite 17 points from Gabe Rogers. While contributing 2.3 assists per game, he also scores 14.4 points per game. In a 70-54 blowout of Idaho State on January 14th, Davion Berry put up 16 points for the Wildcats. He leads the team in points with 13.7 per game, assists with 3.7 per game, and steals with 1.2 per game.
Weber State has a statistical edge over Northern Arizona in two specific areas. One concern is field goal percentage, where the Wildcats hold the advantage over the Lumberjacks, 50% to 41%. Weber State also has an advantage in scoring, 78 points per game to 66 points per game. Weber State sits near the top of the conference standings in the following categories: effective field goal percentage at 57.0, defensive rebounding percentage at 74.7, and free throw rate at 41.8.
Weber State StatSmack
- The Northern Arizona assist leader (Dewayne Russell) has more assists than the Weber State assist leader (Davion Berry).
- The Northern Arizona three-point leader (Gabe Rogers) has more three-pointers than the Weber State three-point leader (Jordan Richardson).
- Dewayne Russell is ranked 1st in the Big Sky in points, 7th in the Big Sky in three-pointers, 3rd in the Big Sky in assists, and 2nd in the Big Sky in steals.
- At least you keep showing up. Northern Arizona has an average margin of victory of 8 over Weber State in 20 wins since 1980.
- The Northern Arizona scoring leader (Dewayne Russell) has more points than the Weber State scoring leader (Davion Berry).
- Gabe Rogers is ranked 3rd in the Big Sky in points, 2nd in the Big Sky in three-pointers, and 10th in the Big Sky in steals.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Northern Arizona has a stronger schedule than Weber State this season (SOS Rank: #34 vs #144).
- Northern Arizona players are more experienced than Weber State players (9,267 minutes played vs 9,105 minutes played).
- Gaellen Bewernick is ranked 10th in the Big Sky in rebounds.