Manhattan vs. Canisius: Full Game Preview
|Manhattan||G Beamon 13.4||R Brown 7.1||R Stores 2.8|
|Canisius||B Baron 17.3||C Manhertz 9.1||B Baron 5.9|
On Thursday, Manhattan travels to Koessler Athletic Center to take on Canisius. It takes place at 7:00 EST. The Jaspers are 5-3 against the Golden Griffins over the last four years. They won 90-77 on 2/24/2012 the last time they played.
Canisius and Manhattan are tied for 5th in the conference.
In a 65-53 win over Marist on January 13th, Rhamel Brown put up 18 points and 7 rebounds for the Jaspers. He leads the team in rebounds with 7.1 per game and blocks with 2.6 per game. For the Golden Griffins, Billy Baron finished with 20 points and 5 rebounds in the 97-87 loss to Iona on January 13th. He leads the team in points with 17.3 per game and assists with 5.9 per game.
Analyzing the differences between the teams, Canisius has an edge in one important area, scoring, where the Golden Griffins have the upper hand over the Jaspers, 74 points per game to 58 points per game.
- The Manhattan blocks leader (Rhamel Brown) has more blocks than the Canisius blocks leader (Jordan Heath).
- Rhamel Brown is ranked 6th in the MAAC in rebounds and 1st in the MAAC in blocks.
- It must sting. Manhattan has blown out Canisius by 20 points or more on 5 occasions since 1998.
- Manhattan has a much lower admission rate (more selective) according to Kiplinger (65% vs 77%).
- Manhattan has a better scoring defense (64.9 allowed per game vs 72.2 allowed per game) than Canisius this season.
- Manhattan takes less vacation, with more NCAA Tournament appearances over the last 10 years than Canisius (2 vs 0).
- We're so much better than you, we get lazy. Manhattan has come back to win after being down at half against Canisius 5 times since 2001.
- Manhattan has a much lower out-of-state cost per year according to Kiplinger than Canisius ($36,470 vs $41,757).
- Maybe someday you'll play some real competition. Manhattan has a stronger schedule (including future opponents) than Canisius this season (Projected SOS Rank: #149 vs #173).
|F||M. Jackson Jr.||4||0||1||1||0||0||1|