|South Dakota State||N Wolters 21.2||J Dykstra 6.9||N Wolters 5.7|
|Western Illinois||T Parks 13.9||T Parks 9.4||C Clark III 4.3|
South Dakota State heads to Western Hall on Thursday to take on Western Illinois. It gets started at 8:00 EST. The Jackrabbits are 8-1 against the Leathernecks over the last four years. The last time they met (3/6/2012) they won 52-50.
Western Illinois is holding down the 1st spot in the Summit League, right above South Dakota State in 3rd place.
In an 83-57 dismantling of IPFW on January 12th, Nate Wolters put up 29 points for the Jackrabbits. With 21.2 points per game, 5.7 assists per game, and 1.6 steals per game, he leads the team in all three categories. For the Leathernecks, Terell Parks finished with 19 points and 11 rebounds in the 89-74 blowout of Nebraska-Omaha on January 12th. He contributes a team-leading 13.9 points per game, 9.4 rebounds per game, and 2.8 blocks per game. Areas of strength for Western Illinois include: free throw rate at 45.0 and effective field goal percentage at 53.1.
Western Illinois StatSmack
- You get an A for effort, but South Dakota State has emerged victorious against Western Illinois the last 7 times they've played.
- The South Dakota State scoring leader (Nate Wolters) has more points than the Western Illinois scoring leader (Terell Parks).
- The South Dakota State assist leader (Nate Wolters) has more assists than the Western Illinois assist leader (Ceola Clark III).
- South Dakota State has a more potent offense, scoring more points (71.8 per game vs 60.5 per game) than Western Illinois this season.
- We just win. South Dakota State has more wins over the last 5 years than Western Illinois (91 vs 69).
- The South Dakota State basketball team finishes what they start, with a better graduation rate than Western Illinois (88% vs 64%).
- South Dakota State beat Western Illinois by 2 points the last time they played (Mar 06, 2012).
- South Dakota State is taller. The average height of the top 8 players on South Dakota State is 77.6 inches compared to 75.6 inches for Western Illinois.
- Jordan Dykstra is ranked 8th in the Summit League in points, 5th in the Summit League in rebounds, 7th in the Summit League in three-pointers, and 8th in the Summit League in blocks.
- South Dakota State players are more experienced than Western Illinois players (13,246 minutes played vs 9,391 minutes played).
|C+||Ceola Clark III||35||12||3||4||2||0||2|
|C||Don McAvoy III||29||8||4||2||1||1||2|