Northern Kentucky vs. Stetson: Full Game Preview
|Northern Kentucky||E Jones 13.6||J Billups 5.7||E Faulkner 3.1|
|Stetson||A Pegg 15.9||W Green 5.9||J Naburgs 3.1|
On Thursday, Stetson welcomes Northern Kentucky at Edmunds Center. The game tips off at 7:00 EST.
Stetson is currently in 1st place in the conference and Northern Kentucky is in 8th.
In a 66-64 triumph over USC Upstate on January 12th, Adam Pegg put up 25 points and 6 rebounds for the Hatters. He leads the team with 15.9 points per game. In a 67-53 victory over Lipscomb on January 11th, Jack Flournoy put up 18 points for the Norse. He contributes 0.6 rebounds per game in addition to his 3.4 points per game.
Stetson looks to have the advantage over Northern Kentucky in one significant area, scoring, where the Hatters have an edge over the Norse, 70 points per game to 56 points per game. Northern Kentucky will hope to exploit their strength in turnover percentage in this matchup. Their mark of 20.8 in this area ranks 1st in the conference and 194th in the country.
Northern Kentucky StatSmack
- Stetson is bigger. The average weight of the top 8 players on Stetson is 203 lbs compared to 189 lbs for Northern Kentucky.
- The Stetson scoring leader (Chris Perez) has more points than the Northern Kentucky scoring leader (Eshaunte Jones).
- Stetson players are more experienced than Northern Kentucky players (12,932 minutes played vs 2,685 minutes played).
- The Stetson blocks leader (Willie Green) has more blocks than the Northern Kentucky blocks leader (Jalen Billups).
- The Stetson rebounding leader (Willie Green) has more rebounds than the Northern Kentucky rebounding leader (Ernest Watson).
- The Stetson steals leader (Aaron Graham) has more steals than the Northern Kentucky steals leader (Chad Jackson).
- The Stetson three-point leader (Aaron Graham) has more three-pointers than the Northern Kentucky three-point leader (Eshaunte Jones).
- Northern Kentucky has been ducking Stetson for over 30 years.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Stetson has a stronger schedule than Northern Kentucky this season (SOS Rank: #235 vs #318).
- The Stetson assist leader (Joel Naburgs) has more assists than the Northern Kentucky assist leader (Ethan Faulkner).
- Stetson has a more potent offense, scoring more points (69.5 per game vs 55.4 per game) than Northern Kentucky this season.