In their last game, Malik Smith put up 14 points in the Golden Panthers 88-76 loss to Arkansas-Little Rock on January 12th. He is putting up 14.4 points per game while also averaging 2.8 rebounds per game. For the Mean Green, P.J. Hardwick finished with 14 points and 7 rebounds in the 66-56 win over South Alabama on January 12th. He contributes 2.3 rebounds per game in addition to his 3.1 points per game. A key area of strength for North Texas is turnover percentage at 18.7, which ranks 2nd in their conference (and 89th nationally).
North Texas StatSmack
- The Florida International three-point leader (Malik Smith) has more three-pointers than the North Texas three-point leader (Jordan Williams).
- Florida International is better at defending the three (33.6% allowed vs 39.5% allowed) than North Texas this season.
- Kids want to come here. Since 1998 Florida International has recruited more Top 50 high school players than North Texas (1 vs 0).
- Malik Smith is ranked 41st nationally in three-pointers.
- Even computers respect Florida International more. We have a better RPI this season than North Texas (RPI: #149 vs #244).
- Florida International is a better three-point shooting team (34.5% vs 24.5%) than North Texas this season.
- Keep filling up on cupcakes. Florida International has a stronger schedule than North Texas this season (SOS Rank: #89 vs #162).